Question

Top Student
Giovanni
Message 1 of 2 (219 Views)

Reinstall Windows 8.1

I have a HP ENVY m6 Notebook PC that came with Windows 8 installed. I recently upgraded to Windows 8.1 and there are some things that does not work, thats why I want to make a complete uninstall of the system and reinstall everything. The problem is that I dont have the Windows 8.1 disc to reinstall. I want to install the 8.1 version from scratch or have that install disc as a backup. Is there a way for that?. I know there is a feature in Windows 8.1 that I can restore everything to factory settings, or erase everything and have an HP free windows installation, but I think a complete reinstall will be better. Thanks!. 

Main desktop:
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 | Asus P5QC | 4GB DDR2 800Mhz. Kingston memory | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 | Coolermaster GX750W | Seagate 7200.11 ST31500341AS 1.5 TB | LG M228WA 22" HD ready widescreen monitor/TV
Laptop:
HP Envy m6-1125dx
HP Support Agent
BHK6
Message 2 of 2 (167 Views)

Re: Reinstall Windows 8.1

Hi Giovanni,

I saw your post about doing a factory restore on Windows 8.1. It is possible to reinstall Windows 8.1 using the built in recovery tools. When you open the link there is a spot to Remove everything and reinstall Windows.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation