Reinstalling adobe photoshop/premier elements hp envy 14 (1327 Views)
Honor Student
Seanph
Message 1 of 4 (1,327 Views)

Reinstalling adobe photoshop/premier elements hp envy 14

Hi,

I have a new hp envy 14 that i recieved direct from hp on 6/1/2012. It came with both adobe photoshop elements and premiere elements preinstalled. However I did a minimal recovery using the recover manager software. I have tried to reinstall these programs using the recovery manager in windows. The progress bar updates and takes a reasonable amount of time then reports that it has successfully installed and would I like to reboot my computer. I reboot and the software is nowhere to be found. I have tried reinstalling from the swsetup folder but the installer fails. Is there anyway to reinstall these programs without doing a full recovery?

Thanks if anyone can help.

Distinguished Professor
kamatr
Message 2 of 4 (1,297 Views)

Re: Reinstalling adobe photoshop/premier elements hp envy 14

Turn off the computer and Once you power ON load the recovery partition by pressing F11 key repeatedly. From there, navigate to Software/Program Reinstallation and try to reinstall the application whichever you are interested. 

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
Honor Student
Seanph
Message 3 of 4 (1,292 Views)

Thanks for the suggestion. I hadn't even thought to try that. Unfortunately when you boot from the recoveryy partition you can only do a complete restore or a minimal restore. I did a minimal restore when I first got the computer (which was 2011 not 2012 as I originally posted!). It looks like the only way to get these programs back is to do a complete restore which sadly will install software that I don't want! I was hoping there could be another way. 

Thanks again for the reply. :smileyhappy:

Distinguished Professor
kamatr
Message 4 of 4 (1,286 Views)

If you have done a Minimized image recovery and lost any applications then only way to get them back is to do a complete system recovery on the Notebook.

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation