Re: Removing HP Picks From Windows Store (431 Views)
Honor Student
Padwah
Message 1 of 6 (634 Views)

Removing HP Picks From Windows Store

I've recently purchased an HP Envy 4 Ultrabook which is running Windows 8, is there any way that I can remove the HP Picks category from the Windows Store?

Regents Professor
lions99
Message 2 of 6 (617 Views)

Re: Removing HP Picks From Windows Store

No, you cannot. That section is defaulted to be in there. 

Sorry 

THX !

Student
PatrickBuckley
Message 3 of 6 (431 Views)

LOL so so offensive, way to go! HP, thanks so much for wasting my screen with your useless stuff.  again!!!

Student
bobmonk
Message 4 of 6 (357 Views)

You can actually remove this but it involves a bit of fiddling with the registry.  

Open Regedit and find - 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Store

then right click the StoreContentModifier key, select Modify then delete whatever is in the value box (mine was HP2_Volume).

Restart and it should be gone.

Student
bluecheese81
Message 5 of 6 (334 Views)

Does anyone know how to delete this value? It will simply say unable to delete it. I shut down Store and Store broker proccesses but nothing changed. tThanks for any help.

Intern
v4abrew
Message 6 of 6 (132 Views)

On the Start screen type regedit and right click on regedit.exe and click on run as administrator. Go to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Store

Right click on STORE, click on Permissions, click on Advanced, at the top you will see 'Owner: TrustedInstaller' click on Change, click on Advanced, click on Find Now and in the list find your account, click on it and click OK. Check the box nex to Replace owner on subcontainers and objects, click OK. In the Permissions for Store window click on Users and check the box Full Control - Allow. Click on OK.

You should be back in Regedit window and in the right half of it you will see StoreContentModifier, right click on it, click on Modify and delete the value (not the key) and just leave it blank. I manually shut down the Store proccess just in case but it's probably easier just to reboot your computer. This should work for any OEM Picks (HP Picks, Dell Picks etc).

Now I only get Apps to get you started, Top free, Top paid etc no more HP Picks.

I just tried this and "IT DOES WORK" ... Good Luck!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation