Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Experts out there, I want to know if the following programs are safe to be disabled from startup since I'm concerned if it slows down system performance. Kindly help me out :

1. CyberLink YouCam service

2. Java (TM) Update scheduler

3. NVIDIA Capture server Proxy

4. NVIDIA GeForce Experience Backend

5. HP Message Service

6. hkcmd module

7. Hp Accelerometer system tray

8. Hp SimplePass Application

9. Hp SimplePass BHO Broker

10. igfx tray module

11. persistence module

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi visruth,

Thank you for your reply.

The  Cyberlink YouCam software is for your WebCam. If you want to be able to use the WebCam you will need this.

The HP SimplePass software is the fingerprint reader.

I suggest you do not disable those, as it can cause issues later on.

A ink alert was just an example,If you have a HP printer and you were getting low on ink, or you have paper jam, you would not get a message alerting you to this issue.

If you don't  it is  for your notebook. It would not advise you  if there was an update or issue on your notebook.  It is not absolutely necessary, as you can always check manually for any updates.

I hope this helps.

Sparkles1

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi visruth,

Thank you for your inquiry, I will do my best to help!

I understand you would like to disable some programs from startup, to improve performance.

From the list you provided, you can safely disable the HP message service, but you will not longer get things like ink alerts if you do.

The remainder I would suggest you leave.

Here is a link to  a document on  Improving System Performance without Adding Memory (Windows 😎 to assist you.

I hope this helped.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended
Hi Sparkles1

Thanks for your response. I had already gone through the document you have given as a link.
What is ink alert? I didn't understand that.
What about cyberlink youcam software, is it necessary in the startup? I have no idea what it actually does on starting up.
I had installed Java manually after I bought my laptop for viewing some web plugin or something like that. Is it really needed in the startup?
The last one I have to ask you is whether HP SimplePass really needed in laptop? I don't know how all other guys are thinking about it. I believe hackers can easily get all the user credentials by just hacking into this software.

Thanks in advance.
HP Recommended

Hi visruth,

Thank you for your reply.

The  Cyberlink YouCam software is for your WebCam. If you want to be able to use the WebCam you will need this.

The HP SimplePass software is the fingerprint reader.

I suggest you do not disable those, as it can cause issues later on.

A ink alert was just an example,If you have a HP printer and you were getting low on ink, or you have paper jam, you would not get a message alerting you to this issue.

If you don't  it is  for your notebook. It would not advise you  if there was an update or issue on your notebook.  It is not absolutely necessary, as you can always check manually for any updates.

I hope this helps.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended
Hey Sparkles1
Thanks for the information. I'm not going to do anything with SimplePass then.
I have a doubt. I have already uninstalled all the CyberLink softwares including You Cam from my system. And I confirmed it too from control panel. Cyber link You Cam has disappeared from startup too. But even then I can see You Cam application among Modern UI apps. Rest of the cyberlink apps have gone away. And I can also open You Cam app from there & operate my webcam. How's that possible?
In Device Manager, under Imaging devices I can see the webcam drive working properly.

**Actually I installed cyberlink softwares after Kaspersky scan revealed a vulnerability in cyberlink PhotoDirector
HP Recommended
**Actually I uninstalled cyberlink softwares after Kaspersky scan revealed a vulnerability in cyberlink PhotoDirector
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.