Restore without recovery disk (68054 Views)
Top Student
Normann
Message 1 of 14 (68,054 Views)

Restore without recovery disk

Hi!

I have a dv6811eo hp laptop and it resently crashed. I never made a recovery point becouse i just never got to it. Now i need to restore the system becouse of a

virus that is interrupting the boot. I installed xp on the 3rd partition (E) so that i could run my antivirus from there to try to clean up the C disk but it hasent shown any difference yet.

Som i wonder if it is possible to get a hold of the restore (factory settings) files, mabye i can download them and burn them or mabye buy a cd with the factory settins on.

Thanks for all answers 

Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 14 (68,028 Views)

Re: Restore without recovery disk

HP Recovery Manager:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00809678&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=3552675&rul...

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button on the left is a way to say Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Top Student
Normann
Message 3 of 14 (67,995 Views)

I  didn't find anything there. My problem is that i cannot access the vista hp recovery tools in the C: disk from the xp I installed in the E: partition. Before i installed the xp operating system it didn't launch anything. the err1err3 no operating system found error just popped up. So now i want to recover the vista I had when I bought it. Is there any place i can download the ISO file for my faactory settings or anything?

Top Student
JMABRZ
Message 4 of 14 (67,965 Views)

If you did not make the "recovery disks", and your system has a dedicated recovery partition (most new HP's have), you might want to try pressing F11 or F1 depending on your system, during boot (post) [a message on the botton part of the screen just when you press the ON button appears telling the user which key should be pressed in order to lauch recovery. Please check - it's usually DEL or one of the F keys.] . Then, system will boot from the recovery partition, and you will be able to restore factory settings. Additionally, if you can boot on Windows (original installation), go to HP Recovery Manager and select "Andvanced Settings">"Recover your computer to it's factory conditions".
---------------------------
Microsoft Beta Tester
Zic Ways
---------------------------
Top Student
Normann
Message 5 of 14 (67,949 Views)

Ty guys. I found a way. All i had to do was to go to disk management and activate the E disk and then it booted reight into disk management. Then i had to go to factory settings and all that. Ty for the help. Now im on my vista again!!
Student
hitendrasuthaar
Message 6 of 14 (42,941 Views)

dear respected sir

my pc is demaged ti virus and my recovery file is affected by virus

i am not solve that kind of problem, so pleaase help me regarding hp recovery option

Student
susanpaddie
Message 7 of 14 (24,916 Views)

I need to know how to reinstall this printer without the CD

Provost
CherylG
Message 8 of 14 (24,877 Views)

Re: HP 2110

@ susanpaddle

You can download the software/driver for your printer. Use the button at top of this page titled "Support & Drivers" to find your support page.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button on the left is a way to say Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Student
Soprecious
Message 9 of 14 (21,516 Views)

Hi there ppl , my hp desktop won't boot it stays stuck on the first screen when I turn my computer on which says the following :

AMIBOOS (C) 2008 American Megatrends, Inc .
BIOS Revision: 5.06 BIOS Date: 07/10/2008
CPU Type: Intel (R) Core (TM)2 Duo CPU T5850 @ 2.16GHz
CPU Speed: 2.16 GHz/FSB Speed: 666 MHz
Cache RAM (L2) : 2048 KB
Installed Memory: 4096 MB/PC2-5300 Dual Channel
Memory Bank 1: 2048 MB/DDR2 SDRAM
Memory Bank 2: 2048 MB/DDR2 SDRAM
Initializing USB Controllers . .
Done.
1st Drive: ST3500620AS
2nd Drive: TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS- T633A
01 USB mass storage devices found and configured.

Primary Master Hard Disk Error
Press F1 to Resume

Press <F10> to enter Setup . . .
It will not leave this screen please help !! And thank you so much in advance
Distinguished Professor
RedRose0528
Message 10 of 14 (21,273 Views)

Hello Soprecious,

I understand you state your desktop will not boot properly, is that correct? I will assist you with this issue.

What is the full make and model of the computer you have? If you are unsure how to locate that information, have a look at this link for further help.

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
I work for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation