Question

Honor Student
akhterms
Message 1 of 3 (1,202 Views)

Restoring HP Pavilion 6300f desktop to factory setting!

Hi,

I recently formatted drive c and installed windows 7 on it, but lost the features of multimedia keyboard, that is no volume OSD and no buttons on extreme left and right sides of the keyboard work. I still have the factory image partition which is a drive 'F'. The problem is F11 does not work now. I could not find out a way to restore the factory settings from the available image in drive "F". I'll appreciate any assistance in this regard.

Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 3 (1,193 Views)

Re: Restoring HP Pavilion 6300f desktop to factory setting!

Have you tried installing the KBD driver? Vista drivers usually work in Win 7

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software9/COL21471/pv-56362-1/sp37186.exe

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Honor Student
akhterms
Message 3 of 3 (1,161 Views)

Re: Restoring HP Pavilion 6300f desktop to factory setting!

Thanks for your reply. I tried to install it, but in the final message it says that my system does not meet the requirement to update.  It seems this driver is not compatible.

I am still looking for a way to restore the factory settings from the image on my system's F drive. F11 does not work after formatting the drive c.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation