Question

Tutor
raeesiqbal
Message 1 of 6 (911 Views)
Accepted Solution

SATA Drivers help for Win XP 64bit on HP Pavilion 15-n009se

Hello everyone, I want to install Windows XP Pro 64bit on my HP Pavilion 15-n009se as Ubuntu has been crashing a lot. And I've been searching for hours :smileyfrustrated: to get the 500GB SATA drive show in the installation. I've tried adding Universal drivers suggested on this article and another file package "f6flpy3286". But it crashes on the drives page wth BSD or wont load. Please help with finding the correct drivers, I'm too frustrated right now. :smileyfrustrated:

Regards,

Raees Iqbal

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 6 (897 Views)

Re: SATA Drivers help for Win XP 64bit on HP Pavilion 15-n009se

[ Edited ]

Hi:

Windows XP 32 or 64 bit will absolutely not install or run on your model.

There is zero XP driver support for the Intel Series 8 chipset which is why nothing is working for you.

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 3 of 6 (897 Views)

There were not many XP 64bit drivers written, they are very rare, one reason 64bit xp was never widely adopted.

You might look in the bios for a setting that disables ahci or something similar to allow the hard drive to be detected during XP setup.

another possiblity, driver packs may have the driver you need, if it does not then it probably does not exist because one was never written for xp 64bit.

Use driver packs to slipstream "Mass storage" drivers into the XP CD.

Driver packs tutorial, read carefully.

Download software "Driverpacks Base" (click the applications section) base is the actual program, then you add driver packs.

You can install other driver packs besides the "Mass Storage", but this will bloat the size of the XP install to DVD size, The only driver packs I suggest to slipstream are

Mass Storage, Chipset, Lan, CPU

This will keep it a size to fit on a CD. If you want all the drivers slipstreamed it will require a DVD burner to make the DVD and a DVD drive on the target installation PC.

I don't change any of the default settings when using the software, just pick the driver packs you want to slipstream and create the ISO image.

If you use other customizing software for other reasons than drivers such as Nlite, use Nlite first then driver packs last or install problems will result. Only use DP to slip drivers, do not use Nlite for this task.

Start with clean unmodified Installation files when using DP for best results

Tutor
raeesiqbal
Message 4 of 6 (876 Views)

Thank you both of you for the guidance, i tried to install with another driver but wasnt successfull and i couldnt find the Intel 8 series chipset sata drivers i thnk. So, I installed it on VMWare. But if anyone was successful with these, please let me know.
Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 5 of 6 (868 Views)

You're very welcome.

As I posted yesterday, there are no sata achi or raid drivers for windows XP for the Intel Series 8 chipset.

Support for XP ends with the series 7 chipset, so unless you have a PC where you can change the sata controller emulation to IDE in the BIOS, XP will not install on any PC with an Intel series 8 chipset. 

There would also be no Intel HD graphics driver for XP on any Intel series 8 chipset based PC either.

Tutor
raeesiqbal
Message 6 of 6 (679 Views)

I cannot allow anyone using this information directly or indirectly to do any Hararm act (described here) , so please... There's a very good news for anyone who's still working on it, and trying to get it to work. I have successfully installed Windows XP Professional 32bit/64bit on the system by including the "modded" Intel AHCI/RAID drivers" in the installation CD, I downloaded from win-raid.com/t11f23-Modded-Intel-AHCI-and-RAID-Drivers.html they work just fine for Intel 8 and previous series. But you must include the version specific drivers (32bit/64bit) in TXT Mode using nLite (tutorial). And remember NOT to hit F6 in the start of the setup or the drivers will not load. And even though Windows XP wasnt doesnt support booting from VHDs, I have successfully installed it on a VHD and booted it natively on the system, using this tutorial. And I even found the official driver for Intel 4th gen HD Graphics on Windows XP, but it didnt work for me. I can give you its name/link if you got so far, and please tell me if they worked for you. And if anybyddy needs help in the kind of issue, I'll be happy to assist.

Regards,

Raees Iqbal

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation