Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have prbook 4540s with intel board HM76 and i want to install win xp ,i can not find SATA driveres for it ,any help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If you plan to install W7/W8 this should work if windows can't find the hard drive...

Download the drivers from this link below (first or second file listed -- 32 or 64 bit as applicable).

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?​agr=Y&ProdId=2101&DwnldID=23060&keyword=Intel+Rap...

Extract the files onto a usb flash drive without any folders.

With the flash drive and W7 installation media plugged into the machine, boot from the W7 installation media.

After you select the install now option, select the Drive Options - Advanced menu, then select the Load Driver option.

You should now see the storage driver files listed.

If you check the box, it will only include the compatible driver.

Follow the prompts and W7 should install.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

Hi:

I have attached the sata drivers you need to slipstream below.  They will have to be unzipped.

If you are using a USB FDD to install the driver, then you need to use the up/down arrow keys and select this one...

Intel(R) 7 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller

HP Recommended

Thanks for you message. It is useful for work with notebook asus x55v

it is correct drv for it (x55v) - bootdisk(F6) with those option allow install wXP

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad that set of drivers worked for your ASUS notebook too.

HP Recommended
Hello, what driver to use for my HP laptop, Intel HM76? Thanks.
HP Recommended
Hello, what driver to use for my HP laptop, Intel HM76? I tried Mobile Express Chipet SATA AHCI Controller but does not boot the cd. Thanks.
HP Recommended
I tried Intel(R) 7 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller but BSOD appeared.
HP Recommended

Are you sure your notebook's drive controller is set to ahci?

Some models with the HM76 have the controller set to RAID in which case you need to select the Intel(R) Mobile Express Chipset SATA RAID Controller.

Because if the drive controller in your notebook is set to AHCI, then the Intel(R) 7 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller is definitely the one you need for the Series 7 chipset.

HP Recommended

May laptop has no option for ACHI / IDE mode. How will I be able to check it? Below is laptop specs:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04262092

Thank you for helping me. 

HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook has an Intel 4th generation Core processor (i3-4000M), so it has an Intel Series 8 chipset.

If you are wanting to install XP on your model, that would be impossible because Intel did not develop any sata AHCI drivers for any PC's with the series 8 chipsets, nor did they develop any graphics drivers for PC's with the Intel HD graphics and series 8 chipsets.

The software developers knew that support for XP was ending, so they did not bother to develop any XP drivers for the Intel Series 8 chipsets.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.