SD Card Slot not working... (1996 Views)
Student
get_911
Message 1 of 4 (1,996 Views)

SD Card Slot not working...

[ Edited ]

I purchased my laptop on september 2010. The SD card slot was working perfectly but it stopped working not too long ago. I've tried installing and uninstalling the drivers. and went back to a restoring point but it still didnt fix anything. The slot works since when i uninstall the drivers and insert the SD card, the driver re-installs by itself, yet my SD card doesn't show up. I've tried different SD cards but none of them work, but they work on different computers. How can i fix this? i have a Hp Pavilion dv6t SE.......

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 4 (1,965 Views)

Re: SD Card Slot not working...

HI,

get_911 wrote:

I purchased my laptop on september 2010. The SD card slot was working perfectly but it stopped working not too long ago. I've tried installing and uninstalling the drivers. and went back to a restoring point but it still didnt fix anything. The slot works since when i uninstall the drivers and insert the SD card, the driver re-installs by itself, yet my SD card doesn't show up. I've tried different SD cards but none of them work, but they work on different computers. How can i fix this? i have a Hp Pavilion dv6t SE.......

That description suggests a failure of a system board southbridge chip function. I suggest that you Contact HP.  

Best regards,
erico

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
mmddlove7
Message 3 of 4 (1,238 Views)

My cards will not work the small 12 picture one or the other with much more storage. I cannot figure it out and have looked all over the internet for 5 weeks and am about to get upset because I can't take anymore pics til I fix it. One site said to insert a mechanical pencil tip ion and flatten something and I am not going to even though my warranty is running Out tomorrow. Could someone email or write here and tell me what to do? I can't format them either.   thanks Mmddlove7

Student
Barron39
Message 4 of 4 (604 Views)

I have the same problem on my Hp dv7-6163us laptop. The very same sd chip will work if I plug it into my usb input using my sd memory card to USB connector.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation