Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
--------------------------------------------------
ChiefSarge wrote:
Same issue here, it's very frustrating. Please fix ASAP, it's getting old having to hard reboot every time I need to use computer.
--------------------------------------------------

Here's a fix:
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-and-Software/How-to-Resolve-Post-Windows-10-...
HP Recommended

Unfortunatelky version 9.5.24.1790 doesn't fix the issue on myPavilion 15 so I guess we just have to wait.

Thanks for all the effort you guys put it.

HP Recommended

On my Pavilion 15 Tm I went to the driver that is 9.5.2.1489 and it works great thanks to this site.

HP Recommended

Sorry, that should read my Pavilion 15T, not 15Tm

HP Recommended

Change the Intel MEI driver did not help me at all.

I have a Zbook 15, and after Windows 10 update I am unable to put my laptop to sleep.

HP support is unable to help me, have not heard from them for a week...

HP Recommended

@mobjo55 wrote:

Change the Intel MEI driver did not help me at all.

I have a Zbook 15, and after Windows 10 update I am unable to put my laptop to sleep.

HP support is unable to help me, have not heard from them for a week...

Can you check in Device Manager, see which version of the IME driver you have installed now, and report back?  It should be v9 or v10.

That solution seems to be working for most.  For those it hasn't, it tends to be because automatic updates to the driver were not blocked successfully and Windows automatically "upgraded" back to v11.

HP Recommended

For the last week or so I have used IME driver for windows 8.1, andit is v.9.5.24.1790 Rev.A
1 Jul 2014.

Last night I was quite fedup and tried to reinstall Windows 10(for the 6.time) so now I  use the latest driver for Windows 10 from HP: Intel Management Engine Components Driver 11.0.0.1153 Rev.A 16 jul. 2015.

Nothing seems to work, when I close the lid, or the laptop "goes to sleep" I have to force restart it or I get a blue error screen with an event-ID 41 kernel-power  error.

HP Recommended

Are you checking in Device Manager to see which version of the driver you're running?  It's v11 that seems to be causing the issue.

Even if you installed v9, not properly blocking Windows Update from automatically upgrading your MEI driver will result in v11 making its way back onto your machine very quickly.

HP Recommended
Dan, the fixed for my laptop, thanks for the assist. It's sleeping like a baby...
HP Recommended

Glad to hear it!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.