Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I think im like the previous poster and DO NOT HAVE Intel Managment Engine on my laptop. I run the Intel Managment Verification Utility and it justs searches forever with no results.

I have a HP G60-458DX.

In my Device Manager I have a few things that seem similar but I dont know how to roll them back or change them so I too can solve this problem.

Those files are

Microsoft Windows Management Interface for ACPI

Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1)

I went to the HP site and reinstalled the Intel Chipset Driver to no avail.

thoughts?

HP Recommended

@Juiceisloose wrote:

I think im like the previous poster and DO NOT HAVE Intel Managment Engine on my laptop. I run the Intel Managment Verification Utility and it justs searches forever with no results.

I have a HP G60-458DX.

If you don't see "Intel(R) Management Engine Interface" (or something similar) listed in Device Manager under System Devices, that fix most likely will not work for you.

I might try rolling back the "Microsoft Windows Management Interface for ACPI" driver (or installing an older version over it if rollback isn't an option).  It should be easy to update back to the most current version if that doesn't turn out to be the culprit on your device.

HP Recommended

Control Panel--->Power Options. Then at left side click on choose what closing the lid does. in "Define power buttons and turn on pssword protection" section click on change settings that are currently unavailable. Next make options as you want. In password protection section click on Require a password. then at bottom save changes. close control panel and you are done.

HP Recommended

Hi Reddy1975

I had the same issue on my hp pavilion 17. From here i got my solution "for now" as at times it re-occurs. Also from this solution i can see that installing a down graded version of certain drivers was the solution, meaning Windows 10 was a rush.

Hope this helps

HP Recommended

May be issue with some affected device driver, need to find and replave with new driver to resolve the issue

http://www.windowstricks.in/2015/09/windows-10-sleep-mode-not-working-and-unable-to-waking-up-from-s...

HP Recommended
So has there been an official fix by Microsoft, HP, or Intel? The one we found out here is still going strong on my end, but I hope something official finally comes out until we have to clamor over something else that gets broken. It'd be a miracle if this and Edge extensions both come out at the same time. I'm really contemplating making Edge my main browser since I remember seeing talk of extensions being easy for devs to transition over to the Microsoft environment. Used during the first few days until my extensions withdrawal kicked in.
HP Recommended

Agree, I really want to go back to Windows 10, but IMEI isn't a formal fix like it should, but if it is the only solution... then I'll try that in some weeks.

HP Recommended

The rollback of the  Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver seemed to work for me!  (after hours of trying to find a solution).   I'll try that until they fix the issue..

HP Recommended

Intel Corporation Graphics Adapter WDDM1.0, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3 software update released in August, 2015

look came these updates

HP Recommended

I have had the pwesistent problem and tried multiple ways of adjusting power settings.

Finally i lost my way so thought try going back to default settings and seems to work, though seems too easy

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.