11-23-2008 03:02 PM
11-23-2008 03:14 PM
Try this -> Turn the notebook off (Shut Down). Press the power button and turn it on...when the notebook displays the HP logo...start tapping on the F10 key until you get in to the BIOS. If you have the lines and flickering in the BIOS, then it's a hardware failure...which could be related to this known issue.
11-23-2008 04:24 PM
So there are red vertical lines in the BIOS! Unfortunately, my computer product number does not match the ones listed for the enhanced warranty service link. I am hoping someone has a suggestion? Do I need to take it in? Thanks.
11-23-2008 04:42 PM
11-23-2008 04:45 PM
The product number is EZ452UA#ABA. The product itselft says one year warranty and I know I was not smart enough to buy an extended warranty. I bought the computer December 2006 so I don't believe it is under warranty but I will check.
This unit IS covered by the service enhancement...
11-23-2008 06:02 PM
11-23-2008 07:10 PM - edited 11-23-2008 07:12 PM
Sig: Pavilion Model Series# dv9500t (t=Intel)_CTO_Prod# RL653AV_Vista Ultimate (64-bit)_SP1_Intel 2 Duo CPU T7500_2 GB Ram_BIOS F.09_NVIDIA 8600M GS_200GB 7200RPM SATA Dual HD (100GBx2)_HP 300GB HD USB Kit for xb3000_8/2007
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)