Question

Tutor
scarabeix
Message 1 of 13 (8,567 Views)
Accepted Solution

Scrolling, pinch and zoom feature is not working in DM4-2015dx touchpad

[ Edited ]

I performed a clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit edition on my new HP Pavilion DM4-2015dx laptop from Best Buy. I was able to locate drivers for all devices except the touchpad. Currently the touchpad functionality is limited to basic operation. I cannot scroll, pinch zoom, etc. I tried most recent Synaptics Touchpad drivers from HP and the Synaptics website without any luck. The touchpad is simply recognized as generic "Standard Pointing Device."

When I go into deivce prperties for the touchpad I only see the options for assigning buttons. There are no options to enable vertical or horizontal scrolls, pinch zoom, etc. Please help!

Honor Student
RaymondPrado
Message 2 of 13 (8,535 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion DM4-2015dx Touchpad Not Scrolling

I m having the same problem. i will try to make the bios upgrade.

Honor Student
RaymondPrado
Message 3 of 13 (8,531 Views)

I made the bios upgrade and reinstaled the driver, nothing changed.

Tutor
scarabeix
Message 4 of 13 (8,525 Views)

Yeah, I have the latest BIOS firmware as well. Doesn't seem to matter. However, the scrolling/zooming did work with the initial Best Buy software load. So the driver is out there, just not on the HP driver webpage for the DM4-2015dx model.

Honor Student
RaymondPrado
Message 5 of 13 (8,515 Views)

i kown that, now i m trying to use other drivers from other notebooks, i ve noticed that 2015dx uses a touchpad hardware with id that we can't find the correct driver, that s the problem.

Top Student
Jaizkibel
Message 6 of 13 (8,274 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi! I had that problem too with my brand new Pavilion DM4-2015dx. The touchpad was not working properly. I sent it to HP and they upgraded the bios and now it seems that it is working, but they said that couldn't see where the error was. The thing that has changed in my computer now is that I don't use the fingerprint reader and I don't have a windows password. Everything else is the same, except from the upgraded bios... And now the computer is working. I hope it will keep working...

Tutor
scarabeix
Message 7 of 13 (8,056 Views)

Ok, so I found what the problem was. Initially I assumed that the touchpad was a Synaptics touchpad. It's NOT. The touchpad is "Alps Pointing Device." The drivers installed with HP Pavilion DM4-2015dx out of the box are Alps Pointing Device version 7.206.1717.117 dated 2/18/2011. These particular drivers are nowhere to be found on the HP website. However, there are similar drivers from 2010 that work just fine. Here is a link:

Alps Pointing-device (2-way) Driver

Without the correct drivers you will also expreince the jumping cursor effect where the cursor will jump to random places on the screen while you type. It has nothing to do with the user touching the touchpad. It's just that the generic Windows touchpad drivers are NOT compatible with the Alps touchpad.

One final word to HP. PLEASE post ALL drivers for HP Pavilion DM4-2015dx on your website as well as ALL of the HP utilities.

Top Student
Jaizkibel
Message 8 of 13 (8,003 Views)

Hi! I have the Alps pointing device and it stops working too. After sending the computer to HP I thought that the problem was solved, but it is not. The touchpad still does what it wants to when it wants to... After a few days working properly it stopped working well again.

Honor Student
atobel
Message 9 of 13 (6,842 Views)

okay this does seem to work but it disables the quick double tap feature to disable and enable the device. is this true for you as well?

Student
seatterealtor
Message 10 of 13 (6,678 Views)

i have dm4 2033 and installed Win7Pro. the touchpad only functions

as basic pointer. the link provided to the Alps Pointing Device scarabeix went to an HP help site (no help)  can someone provide some help or the link?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation