Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have the same problem. I have Disabled secure boot and enabled legacy boot and now i don't have this message anymore. It just gives me black screen when i turn my laptop on.

I tried F2 hp diagnostics test, i passed the memory test then i failed the hard disk test with a failure ID which i dont remember. I also tried F11 system recovery but it'snot working at all. please help

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. I have Disabled secure boot and enabled legacy boot and now i don't have this message anymore. It just gives me black screen when i turn my laptop on.

I tried F2 hp diagnostics test, i passed the memory test then i failed the quick hard disk test with a failure ID and product ID which i dont remember. I also tried F11 system recovery but it'snot opening even. please help me.

HP Recommended

Sam thing for me too. I could not get it fixed and had to buy a new hard drive.

HP Recommended

thank you so much i couldnt install windows on my new 1 TB hard drive untill i found this so THANK YOU  soooo much.

HP Recommended
I tried to log into my hp15 and it completely cut off. When I turned it back on the screen just says selected boot image did not authenticate. Press enter to continue. When I press enter my laptop just shuts off again. Please help me fix it. I need it for school.
HP Recommended

Yup! - This worked like a charm.  F9 = Boot Menu, F10 = BIOS - You're going to want to go to the bios... switch Legacy to Enabled.. and SAVE and QUIT - When the screen says.... "XXXX + ENTER" This is where you have to use the number pad.  Typing the numbers on the top of the keyboard doesn't work.  

HP Recommended

I got that part done ,but then this came up after restarting : No boot device-insert boot disk and press any key

HP Recommended

@staryoshi87 wrote:

I fixed it. Had to disable secureboot and enable legacy boot mode to get it to run.

I had no idear how to fix this problem, thanks for your help at least my computer is running now. Also I have windows 7 pro 64 bit on my computer but windows update won't download  service pack 1 ? any help

HP Recommended
Pls which one is pad number is the number from keypad does not work. Help me out i have the same above problem in pc notebook
HP Recommended
Pls someone help me, I enabled legacy support and disabled secure boot and pressed F10 to save & exit, it took me to page that shows enter xxxx + enter to save the change, but when I key in d code & press enter, a page pop up showing " Your PC need to be repaired, digital signature of this file can't be verified" someone help me on how to fix this problem. Model: HP 650 Notebook PC Window 8 64bits (Energy Star).
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.