Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I went to HP and updated the bios,  only thing is it changes back to secured boot so you have to edit the bios back to legacy. After this I have no problems.

HP Recommended

THANKS.... Had to Install Win7 on a new Laptop for one of my managers, Initially thought the OS had Issues. this has saved. 

HP Recommended

Hp are aware of this problem and are releasing new Bios updates in August, although I'm not sure I will update since my com is working now ??

HP Recommended

I did so. but once my laptop reboot it goes to the same setuation. every time I want to start my laptop i have to go disable secureboot and enable legacy boot mode. any solution for permenent solutions ?

I think my laptop bios doesn't save the settings.  

HP Recommended

I reset secure boot and the problem is not corrected.

HP Recommended

I f windows 7 pro was pre installed on your computer when purchased and you can't update to service pack 1 it is most likely your microsoft licence, some companies sell computers with a windows 7 licence that doesn't include SP1 this means you can't use IE11 and other updates. If you contact you supplier they may be willing to supply you with a new disk that includes windows 7 pro 64 with SP1. This is what I did and was successful...good luck

HP Recommended
Product Name: n005tx pavilion 15
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

is there any method to solve this without turning on legacy boot
"select boot image did not authenticate"
this happened after trying to install ubuntu in legacy boot and then installed Windows 8 in legacy boot..now i want to go for UEFI for better performance
Model -HP Pavilion 15 (n005tx)
factory os windows 8
no way to recover original os

Spoiler

HP Recommended

I can't disable secureboot, BIOS doesn't save disabled state.

HP Recommended

not that I know of

HP Recommended

you should be able to save your settings, although if HP wants to do auto update...cancel this it will change your bios settings.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.