Question

Honor Student
GRunner
Message 1 of 14 (7,497 Views)

Simple pass crashed?

About a week ago, I received my new HP dv6 (64 bit Windows 7) with simple pass (I would assume 2012).

Simple pass worked great for the first few days, allowing me to log into the computer itself, and almost all of the sites that I frequent.  
Then yesterday, it stopped logging me into facebook.  The first time this happened, the computer supplied a pop up stating that simple pass has crashed.  The scanner still works for getting into the computer, and every other website that I have tried, just not facebook.

Is there some solution to this?  Possibly uninstalling the software, and reinstalling it? 

Honor Student
GRunner
Message 2 of 14 (7,479 Views)

Re: Simple pass crashed?

Anyone?

Honor Student
leema2
Message 3 of 14 (7,462 Views)

I'm also looking for this info. I've had the same computer for about 2 wks & see the same message, among other things. Hopefully we'll get some answers soon 

Honor Student
leema2
Message 4 of 14 (7,449 Views)

I hope this helps - yesterday I was on ebay & the "WAJAM" window kept popping up in the corner & it started to annoy me, so I un-installed it. Since then I haven't had Simple Pass crash & some of the other pain-in-the-butt pop-ups are gone !  I hope this isn't just a fluke, because I really didn't know what I was doing. . . 

Let me know if this solves your issue, too. Maybe we can teach HP something :smileylol:

Regards ~

Top Student
Brennaful
Message 5 of 14 (7,366 Views)

Mine crashes ALL the time. The only fix is a reboot. But I don't want to do that multiple times a day. I was basically just told by Geek Squad that hp knows there's a problem, but there is no solution being offered. I was told that it's become a hesaid, shesaid situation about conflicting software...but (of course) there is not even a hint of what "software conflict" this could be. GS also told me that the problem is random across many models. Apparently, not enought computers for HP to work on finding a solution. It's gotten to be so annoying that I am considering taking the computer back and going through the warranty process. "There is no solution for this problem at this time" is absolutley unacceptable.
Student
falfan11
Message 6 of 14 (5,441 Views)

Como hago para que ya aparesca esto?

Intern
Japonec
Message 7 of 14 (5,426 Views)

[ Edited ]

It's very strange, I have all the fine should work for Facebook, Twitter, Google, this forum and Ebay.
Mozilla web browser 17 beta 5

Снимок77.PNG

Student
ATX2006
Message 8 of 14 (4,503 Views)

Has anyone responded, with a solution, to you about this issue? My HP is started doing this last week and I did not change anything. I have tried to repair it but nothing works.

Honor Student
PADDY3626
Message 9 of 14 (4,193 Views)

This keeps happening to my simple pass on chrome aswell, i have reinstalled and updated all the security software,and still have the same problem. still within warranty though, so might get rid of the **bleep** thing as i have had nothing but dramas with the dv7 since i bought the **bleep** thing from HP. had a new hardrive for this computer already aswell, as the one installed was faulty.

Honor Student
guicast93
Message 10 of 14 (2,597 Views)

I ALSO HAD THIS PROBLEM! SORRY FOR USE OF CAPS BUT I NEED TO CATCH YOUR ATTENTION SOMEHOW! 
ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS INSTALL THE LATEST VERSION AND IT'LL STOP CRASHING! IT WORKED FOR ME! I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM! 
Here's the link for the update of the latest Simple Pass Version: 
http://support.authentec.com/KnowledgeBase/KBview/tabid/843/ArticleId/538/HP-SimplePass-keeps-crashi...

PLEASE DO SHARE THIS ANSWER AROUND FOR WHOEVER IS IN NEED.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation