SimplePass 2011 fingerprint questions? (78 Views)
Top Student
govtdog
Message 1 of 2 (78 Views)

SimplePass 2011 fingerprint questions?

1. Just changed my primary Win7 log on password but it didn't change in SimplePass so my fingerprint doesn't work. How can I change it to make Fingerprint work again?

2. I have been noticing that I no longer have the option to use my Fingerprint as I once did for logging onto some internet sites. How can I correct that problem so that the Fingerprint option comes up automatically when I open the log on screens as usual?

Thanks for any and all help you can offer!

John M.

Associate Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 2 of 2 (61 Views)

Re: SimplePass 2011 fingerprint questions?

Sounds like the database is stuck or corrupted.

Try / Consider the following - Stop when it works as expected.

• Check your progress after each step to see if you have succeeded in accomplishing your goal.

Note that, depending on your setup and situation, there may be slight variances in your software or version.

The latest SimplePass software fixes many problems and you can usually overload the software without losing anything of what you already have installed (passwords, etc).  If you are not already on the latest version, consider this as a means to fix the issue.  Start at

Support and Drivers

======================================================================================

Export the Webcard Database:

When you have working SimplePass software, Export your Webcards.  In the event that you must remove the SimplePass software, your webcard backup can be used (imported) to restore your website login information.

Webcards are like bookmarks with passwords attached.

Start SimplePass > Settings > Export     NOTE:  File will be named *.tsd

=====================================================================================

• Reset your notebook:

Notebooks- Forced Reset to Resolve Hardware and Software Issues- Sealed Non-Removable Battery

Notebooks - Use Hard Reset to Resolve Hardware and Software Issues - Removable Battery

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Repair the SimplePass Software:

Control Panel > Programs and Features >

Scroll down and Look for HP SimplePass

Right-Click on HP SimplePass
Select "Repair"

• Restart / Reboot the computer

Check...

SimplePass Reset:

• Open SimplePass
  • Uncheck all the boxes in the main menu -- login, webcard launch, every box you find.
  • Close SimplePass
  • Restart / Reboot your computer and log in

Continue:

• Repeat the SimplePass "Repair" steps
  • Open SimplePass
  • CHECK all the boxes in the main menu page: login, webcard launch, all the boxes.
  • Close SimplePass

Webcard Reset:

• Open SimplePass
  • Click the little Grid Box in the Lower Right corner (looks like a box with window panes in it).  This opens the Grid View and provides a "List" of your webcards.
  • Scroll down and Look for that webcard - It may be in Category "Private" if you created the webcard manually, else it may be in Category "Social". 

Comments:

You might be able to "Reset" the card (login) so that it works again.

When you find it,

• Click Edit to open the webcard.
  • If the box "Enable Website Log On" is UNchecked,  CHECK it and Click Save
  • Close SimplePass and try that website

Else

• IF the box "Enable Website Log on" IS (already) checked, UNcheck it and Click Save

• From here, it becomes more painful; hopefully this will have been enough to jar it loose.

IF the Reset fails, then it's time to hit it harder...

Add the missing webcard for the account manually:

• Open SimplePass
  • Find that webcard and Delete it
  • Close SimplePass

Next,

• Open your Browser (for example, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome...)
  • Go to that website so you can get a hold of the URL (the http address of the site)
  • Open SimplePass (again)
  • Click the "+" sign. 
  • Copy / Paste -- Add the URL (webpage address), give it a name.
  • If you have one, assign a nice icon to the webpage.  (Ask me about creating personalized icons, if you would like...)
  • Close SimplePass
  • Close the Browser, wait a few seconds, and then reopen it
  • Open the URL for your “missing webcard” (Go to the website), log in - it should ask if you want to save the password.

• Next:  Turn OFF the Biometrics

Be aware and pay attention to the warning about the password data.  This will remove your fingerprint password logon data (at the least) and the fingerprint password logon for any other users with accounts on this computer.

Control Panel > view icons > Biometric Devices > Change Biometric Settings > and Turn OFF Biometrics

• Repeat the SimplePass "Repair" steps
  • Next:  Turn ON the Biometrics

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Start over with your webcards:

• Remove all your webcards, including the windows log in
  • Start adding new webcards / passwords / logins to websites

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Start Over From Scratch:

• Download new copy of the software from your Website
  • Reinstall the Validity Sensor
  • Install the downloaded package, set up the basics,
  • Import your tsd backup file

===================================================================================

Good Luck!

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation