Question

Honor Student
Jiruga
Message 1 of 4 (185 Views)
Accepted Solution

SimplePass + password issue

Hello,

My problem is the following:

I log in to my pc by my fingerprint (SimplePass) and there is also an ordinary password but I forgot that, so now I can only log in by my fingerprint. I wanted to delete it, to be able to log in without any password or so, but I couldn't do it without the password. Is there any way I can solve this?

Thanks in advance!

(I have a Pavilion dv6-3180sp with win7 on it)

Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 2 of 4 (171 Views)

Re: SimplePass + password issue

Jiruga,

There are ways to fix the password issue, some of them more or less annoying than others.

===================================================================================

• You do have a way in to your computer; if possible, you should do the following now:

Assuming you have Admin privileges, the first thing you might do is to create another account and give the new account Admin privileges. 

Give the new account a good, strong password that you can remember. Write down the password if you need to and put the password into your safe.  (Do not leave the written password sitting around on your desk...)  You do not need to tie the new account into the fingerprinter.

This is your insurance and will assure you do not get locked out of your computer.  Keep the account on the computer.  Do not use it; do log into it on occasion to make sure it works.

===================================================================================

• Methods for Lost Password Recovery:

Windows 7 - Forgotten Password Workaround?

The above document asks the user to use Method #3 from this Vista site:

Reset User Account Password

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• This next link is from PC Support and explains some tips and methods you can employ to guess the password or recover it using various tools.

I Forgot My Windows 7 Password! Is There Anything I Can Do?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Two methods recommended by our HP Forum Experts:

Admin Account Lock-out – Password recovery Post by DavidPK

Locked Out

Suggested By REO51ST

Forgot the administrator password? The Sticky Keys trick

Good Luck!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

See a Post that is helpful - or that teaches you something you did not know? 

See something that makes you smile?

Click the Kudos Star!  It is a nice “Thank You” for the Author.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Honor Student
Jiruga
Message 3 of 4 (162 Views)

You solved my problem, thank you so much!:smileyvery-happy:

Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 4 of 4 (155 Views)

You are welcome - I am real glad that is fixed!

Happy Computing!

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation