Question

Honor Student
bigjake6foot5
Message 1 of 10 (10,990 Views)

SimplePass reinstall

I own a HP DV7T-4000 select edition laptop. I was clearing off some programs I don't use a lot and accidentally uninstalled simplepass. I tried to download a version of simplepass I had found and it was not the same and uninstalled that one. The version I want is pictured on the site below

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02518653&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en#N565

However when I go into drivers section I cannot find Simplepass listed. All I would like to do is reinstall simplepass

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 2 of 10 (10,973 Views)

Re: SimplePass reinstall

[ Edited ]

Here is the one you are looking for... ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp50001-50500/sp50048.exe

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
Honor Student
bigjake6foot5
Message 3 of 10 (10,949 Views)

[ Edited ]

Ok tried it and got an error message. It says

Error 1722. There is a problem with this windows installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support peronnel or packack vendor. Action InstallDPPassFilter_x64.4D0EAAF1_2D33_4FFF_AA0...

What's weird is if I go under the start menu I can click on and see simple pass but it doesn't work and if I hit OK on that error message it uninstalls everything.

Regents Professor
HaggisCat
Message 4 of 10 (10,940 Views)

Go to the control panel and find "Recovery" > Open System Restore > Next > tick the box "show me more restore points".

Look on the list and find where you first uninstalled "SimplePass" go back before that to the last thing that you uninstalled and click "next" and then "finish". If you use a Windows update as a restore point you may get an error.

Honor Student
wode0708
Message 5 of 10 (10,889 Views)

Hi, is there another solution to that problem? there is nothing but updates for me on the recovery list before the uninstallation of simplepass

Regents Professor
HaggisCat
Message 6 of 10 (10,877 Views)

Please try one of the Windows restore points as a fix. Make sure and pick a date before you accidentally uninstalled "Simple Pass" It would have been nice to restore the laptop to one of the other programs you uninstalled before simple pass.

It's either going to work or it isn't, if it doesn't work you will simply get an error and nothing will happen.

Try this first, I do have something else to try, but this is the simplest solution.

Honor Student
bigjake6foot5
Message 7 of 10 (10,860 Views)

Question about the recovery solution. Since erasing the simplepass I installed new virus protection software, If I do that recovery will it get rid of my new virus protection software? if it removes that software then I need to skip that solution.

Regents Professor
HaggisCat
Message 8 of 10 (10,847 Views)

Yes it will, but what Windows restore does is put the registry back the way it was when simplepass was working. Ounce simple pass is good, just reinstall your new virus software.

Save your product key and pass word for it in a Word Document or even write it down, if you are that worried.

I am running ESET now and I have my pass word and product key saved in an e-mail in a hotmail account. I have reinstalled my OS many times and erased my anti virus software. All I have to do afterwards is go to eset.com and download my product again and enter my product key and pass word.

What have you done that you are so concerned that you think that you can't reinstall your anti virus program after a Windows restore ?

Here is the other solution any way.

Go to your recovery manager in programs and find "software program reinstallation" and make sure simple pass is there. That is the software and if you go back the the recovery manager again you will also find "driver program reinstallation" if you have uninstalled the driver and the software for simple pass, you will have to install both. The items in the recovery manager are the ones that came with your machine and if they are not there then you will have to use the one that Cyclops gave you.

Download ccleaner and uninstall simple pass with it and run its registry cleaner after.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

Restart and run the registry cleaner again and if it finds more than delete all and restart. Repeat this procedure until it finds nothing.

Reinstall simplepass from the recovery manager as described above (the software and the driver if need be)

With CCleaner it will give you a chance to save the files that you are deleting from the registry, you may do that if you wish and it may even be advisable.

Student
ckntera
Message 9 of 10 (4,018 Views)

thanks 

Student
Eve43
Message 10 of 10 (1,136 Views)

How can I re-install Simple Pass?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation