Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thank you so very much for these directions, Dan. The issue was finally fixed after weeks of frustration and no help from HP, Microsoft, or Intel.

HP Recommended

No problem.  🙂  Glad to hear it fixed the issue for you as well!

HP Recommended

DanG

Many thanks for the excellent explanation of the steps  to fix theis problem. I am computer literate but not much more. I followed your steps carefully and, Bingo, It all works. Please make sure the fix is made permanent.

Thanks again

HP Recommended

After going through and trying all the suggestions on the HP forums, my chipset is AMD! I found the following by searching without HP in the search:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-power/problems-in-shutting-downhibernate...

Method 2 worked for me:

Method 2:

It could be a compatibility issue with the new Fast Startup component.

Try the below steps and check:

1. Open Control Panel / Power  Options.
  2. On the Left side menu, select  Choose what the power buttons do.
  3. Select Change settings that are currently unavailable.
  4. Scroll down to the Shutdown settings section.
  5. Remove the check mark from the Turn on Fast Startup option.
  6. Select the Save Changes Button.

Shut Down the computer, wait a couple of minutes and then use the Power Button to start the computer.

HP Recommended

@DanG82 :- Thanks for the solution, have been trying for a month to figure it out.

HP Recommended

Thank you, I tried what you suggested and it fixed the issue. Kudos

HP Recommended

This also has resolved my issue!! Thanks!

Although, I had to turn of Hibernation or my PC would randomly turn on by it's self.

HP Envy x360

i7

8GB RAM

1TB HDD

Intell 4400 integrated graphics

HP Recommended

When i start this programs is says allways:

the system does not support the instalation.

What can i do?

Joee39

HP Recommended

@Joee39 wrote:

When i start this programs is says allways:

the system does not support the instalation.

What can i do?

Joee39

Are you uninstalling v11 first?  If so, try keeping v11 installed and just installing v9 or v10 in place of it.  You may need v11 on your device in order to be able to install v9/v10 over it.

HP Recommended

DanG

I tried your 8 step solution and hoped to enjoy the enternal bliss of a properly running laptop but can't get past step 4.  I downloaded version 9 from the Intel site, ran the Setup file and got a small dialog box with only a red X and an OK button in it.  No words.  I push the OK button and nothing happens other than the dialog box goes away.  I can't find anything else to install version 9 of the MEI driver.  Any idea what that's about or how to go forward?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.