Question

Honor Student
Tich
Message 1 of 4 (89 Views)

Smart Disk error (301)

I am having same issue. I have HP Pavilion G6, which I purchased in Sept 2012. I've had nothing but issues, and now have been told warranty is out, although it says warranty for 2 yrs inside of battery case? and it isn't 2 yrs since I bought it!!

I have Smart Hard Disk error, blue screen, but cannot do anything, (using my work computer to get  any answers I can)

any help would be much appreciated.thanks :smileyhappy:

Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 4 (84 Views)

Re: Smart Disk error (301)

Sounds like the hard drive has failed and will need to be replaced. If you are still in warranty HP will send a replacement. If not a retail laptop SATA hard drive can be used. Just be sure to get one of at least equal capacity as the original in order to use Recovery Discs. It can be larger, but not smaller capacity.For instance if you have a 500GB hdd you could use a 750GB hdd but not a 320GB hdd.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Honor Student
Tich
Message 3 of 4 (62 Views)

Thanks for the quick reply!! I am definately tech-challenged!!  I have contacted HP as my warranty is showing that it has ended, but my receipt for purchase is September 2012, & after checking inside battery compartment it does state 2 yr warranty, ( I purchased at costco for a reason!)

Thanks again, great site for help with computer issues, even I can help solve!

Honor Student
Tich
Message 4 of 4 (30 Views)

I have sent HP a copy of my receipt and am currently waiting on a reply, thanks again for the help :smileyhappy:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation