Question

LDJ Student
Student
LDJ
Message 1 of 4 (2,354 Views)

Some web pages won't load

My computer won't load some web pages, it is not because the site is down, because it works fine on my friends computer. I downloaded spybot s&d and it found a bunch of stuff and deleted it, didnt fix the problem, so I downloaded Ccleaner from google and it found a bunch more junk and deleted it, but I still have the problem  does anyone know what to do in this kind of a situation. I am running windows vista and I usually use firefox, but I went to explorer and it does the same thing. I also reinstalled java and that didnt help either. I need a pro to help me.
Master's Graduate
CorMit
Message 2 of 4 (2,328 Views)

Re: Some web pages won't load

Hello LDJ,

What kind of sites are not displaying?

check the date and time and timezone make sure it is correct or it will cause problems loading certain sites.

--------------------------------
Pavilion DV2714CA, Vista Home Premium 32bit(Successfully running Windows XP Pro SP2), Intel T2330 1.60 GHz, Intel Graphics Accelerator X3100, 4GB RAM, 160 GB HDD --Do everyone a favor Post back your results, Resolved or Not - LEAVE KUDOS !
Teacher
bkasch
Message 3 of 4 (2,312 Views)

Check whats getting loaded at startup using msconfig. also I would recommend downloading malwarebytes anti-malware program, its free and finds alot of stuff even the big programs miss. Try going online in safe mode and see if you can get to the sites there as well.
Honor Student
Chep
Message 4 of 4 (2,293 Views)

Try seeing if you have parental settings set up as well as the connection properties in the section where yo can adjust the classification of different zones. If that fails, check you browser, and see what your cookie settings are. If you don't allow any cookies, some sites wont load at all. I get around this by using Mozilla Firefox s my default browser. It allows you to allow "Session cookies", which are deleted when you close the browser. That and a good Anti-everything suite, like Norton, which I have, will almost insure that you don't get any bad session cookies from nefarious Web sites. If you don't want to us Firefox, then get the Anti-Everything suite with it's own Firewall, which I have. That will give you the best protection available as long as you set it up correctly.
Barry P. Chepren, P.E. (Licensed Professional Engineer)
Structural Engineer
Geotechnical Engineer
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation