Question
Sound and Video Not working properly on Windows 8.1
Replies (16)

Tutor
nicholasbassi
Message 11 of 17 (493 Views)

Re: Sound and Video Not working properly on Windows 8.1

Yeah, I tried that. It says it does not detect any problems. I know there is something wrong with the Windows OS because I have Windows 7 installed on the same computer and when I boot up Windows 7 then the audio and videos play just fine
Professor
Mister_Do
Message 12 of 17 (490 Views)

It could be an issue with dual boot and the driver. What is your sound device? Do you know if it is Realtek?

...an HP employee just trying to help where I can, but not speaking on behalf of HP.
Tutor
nicholasbassi
Message 13 of 17 (488 Views)

I didn't have it dual booted when I first installed but then I realized these problems so I installed 7 again on another partition. It is Conexant.
Professor
Mister_Do
Message 14 of 17 (484 Views)

I wonder if the Conexant driver isn't compatible with Windows 8. You could try dowloading/installing the Windows 7 driver and then running it is the compatibility mode.

Here is info on the Compatibility options:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03401961&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en

...an HP employee just trying to help where I can, but not speaking on behalf of HP.
Tutor
nicholasbassi
Message 15 of 17 (481 Views)

Yeah, I don't think it is compatible. I tried to install in compatibility mode but it says it can't find the audio driver to install
Professor
Mister_Do
Message 16 of 17 (476 Views)

It's looking like it's not compatible. HP doesn't currently have Windows 8 drivers available for this model. I'll keep poking around to see if I can find anything on this or find a driver that works. If I find anything, I'll post it back to this thread, but if not....sorry we couldn't get it solved.

Tutor
nicholasbassi
Message 17 of 17 (472 Views)

Oh alright. Thank you. I really appreciate it.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation