12-05-2013 07:31 PM
12-05-2013 07:38 PM
It could be an issue with dual boot and the driver. What is your sound device? Do you know if it is Realtek?
12-05-2013 07:53 PM
I wonder if the Conexant driver isn't compatible with Windows 8. You could try dowloading/installing the Windows 7 driver and then running it is the compatibility mode.
Here is info on the Compatibility options:
12-05-2013 08:07 PM
It's looking like it's not compatible. HP doesn't currently have Windows 8 drivers available for this model. I'll keep poking around to see if I can find anything on this or find a driver that works. If I find anything, I'll post it back to this thread, but if not....sorry we couldn't get it solved.
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)