07-12-2011 04:32 PM
I installed windows 7 on my dv 5237cl laptop long time ago and everything runs prefect.
However, after I updated the win7 SP1 few days ago,
the sound device (High Definition Audio device) did not work anymore.
It says, 'device cannot start (code10)'
I tired the troubleshooting, updating and reinstall the driver,
but there is always an error occured about the driver.
I am wondering if there is any way to fix it or download the driver for windows 7.
07-12-2011 05:56 PM
You can try this driver and see if it fixes the problem:
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)