10-26-2013 01:39 PM
I have an Ultraboook 6 1202ea laptop. After upgrading to Windows 8.1 I now find that the double tap right click opton no longer works.
I believe this is a driver issue - does anybody have any suggestions?
10-28-2013 11:38 PM
The same thing happened to me, and I'm 99% sure that it's due to the windows 8.1 upgrade. I tried to contact HP support, but they were absolutely worthless (wanted to restore my laptop to factory settings, then reinstall 8.1). Until HP gets their act together and puts out a fix for this, I would suggest using this: http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-enable-two-finge
11-02-2013 05:27 PM
Found the solution here (thank you thunberg!), reprinted and slightly edited for convenience:
1. To manually re-enable two finger tap, hit windows key + r, enter "regedit" then hit enter, and on the left pane browse to the following location:
2. In the right pane double click on 2FingerTapAction and change the value to a "2" for right click, or a "4" for middle click (I use 2). Also double click on 2FingerTapPluginID and clear any value it may have.
3. Next in the right pane, find the MultiFingerTapFlags key and change it from a 2 to a 3
4. As a bonus, if you want to enable three finger tap for middle click, double click on 3FingerTapAction and change the value to a "4", also clear any value for 3FingerTapPluginID and set 3FingerTapPluginActionID to "0".
11-09-2013 11:56 AM
So this looks like a bug in the Synaptics driver for 8.1... I can use the manual "click" mehod of right click, so will avoid regedits for now.
I hope there will be an updated driver soon
thanks for your help
07-29-2014 01:19 AM
woojoo666, thanks everything you said, worked just fine. But if you could please tell the registery key to change for 2 finger scrolling, it would be very helpful.
08-13-2014 10:38 AM
I have HP pavilion g6, with synaptics touchpad and due to some registry clean up I've lost the control for two finger scroll. Please someone help, how can I get it back?
08-14-2014 01:25 PM
I see that you are looking to enable two-finger scrolling and I will be happy to help you with that. I am not sure what registry key does it but in this HP document Using and Troubleshooting the TouchPad has a section on Scrolling using a TouchPad that will show you how to make sure it two-finger scrolling is enabled.
08-15-2014 11:38 AM
thanks fo rthe reply.
- In synaptics touchpad property, two finger scroll option is already enabled (screen shot is attached fo the same)
08-15-2014 12:53 PM
Here is the latest Synaptics TouchPad Driver try installing that to see if the two finger scrolling starts working again. To be honest I am not sure which registry entry would control the two finger scrolling, we typically avoid messing with the registry as changing the wrong thing can cause all kinds of problems.
08-16-2014 10:57 AM
»HP Pavilion 17-e117dx TouchSmart Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR)
Serial Number: [edited Serial Number by Moderator]
Product Number: F9J38UA
I just purchased this brand new HP Laptop... All is wel except when surfing the web the mouse cursor intermittanly keeps freezing for a few minutes... i can still right click and menu appears but cursor is completley locked.... sometimes i wait a few minutes and it starts moving again.... other times i have to plug in external uSB mouse to get cursor to start moving again.... have refreshed laptop several times with HP Restore and problem always returns... also donwloaded the mouse software from HP Synaptics Touchpad 7,5 and reinstalled.... my guess it is the touchpad or problem with HP Drivers... Any clues or suggestions??? I have Windows 8.1 Update 1 with all the current Windows Updates?
Please Help HP Support... Here is my original HP Support post no one replied too... http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Lockups-Free