12-02-2009 08:40 AM
I was wondering if anyone had a solution or thought on this challenge: When I go to restore a system restore time, I get an error message stating that it can't restore because of an Anti-Virus program. Does that mean I have to disable the Anti-Virus program before I attempt to restore the system? And, do I need to disable the Anti-Virus program when I create a new restore Point?
This question was solved. View Solution.
12-02-2009 11:37 PM
Norton products have a security feature that prevents outside programs from making changes to the Norton product. This security feature can prevent Windows System Restore from changing Norton files, which results in a "Restoration Incomplete" message.
Follow instructions from Norton at the below link to work around this when performing system restore. Restore protection for Norton files once system restore is completed.
12-03-2009 06:51 AM
12-05-2009 01:19 AM
This implementation is probably made for security reasons and won't change.
The moment they would make such a change there would be viruses pretending to be system restore and modifying the virus protection to avoid detection or removal
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)