Replies (15)

Intern
wand
Message 11 of 16 (17,081 Views)

Re: Tablet touch screen driver for windows 7 and Pavilion tx2000

[ Edited ]

NighTDeatH wrote:

TRY THIS ONE..

it fixed my problems that are same to you..

just calibrate it in the control panel and it will work fine..

http://www.wacom.com/U/drivers/TabletPC/ISD_DualTouch_701-8.exe

Good Post, just updated the drivers and my setting from before held up just fine, though I did tweak things a little.  Both touch and pen work correctly.  I am able to use the touch keyboard on screen in landscape mode, difficult in portrait mode.  I need to get the quick Launch buttons working again to rotate screen.

Your link worked great.

I am really disappointed with HP because they don't support Windows 7 on my tx2120us.  It's a great machine, but to not keep up-to-date with Win7 drivers, when Win7 was introduced at about the same time is criminal.  I will really think about that when we get ready to buy HP again.  I can understand not supporting an OS after the warranty runs out, but the warranty wasn't even close to running out before Win 7 arrived.

Another problem is that the Vista Drivers won't install because they see the Win 7 OS and stop.  I wonder if setting the install program to Vista would allow it to install.  I will have to try that next time.

Thanks to all of you for your posts.

Just for everyone's info:

1) The tx1000's, 2000's, and tx2's digitizers are not the same.  The tx2000 and tx2500 apparently are the same, I think, unless the tx2500 is a multitouch.  The tx2 is a multitouch screen.

2) tx2000 and tx2500 pens are the same, the tx2 is different although both fit in the holder.  Different brands of digitizers were used.

3) tx2000 used the nVidia 6150 graphics (heating problems included).  tx2500 used ATI graphics.  If you have heating problems (my CPU and graphics chips reach 180 degrees, but haven't failed yet) should check out this site: http://www.avonpcpitstop.com.  I'm sending in my unit as soon as I can to do this upgrade.  I've done lots of computer repairs, but this one I'm leaving to someone who has done this more than once.

HP Pavilion tx2120us running Win7 Ultimate
System Admin and Analyst
Student
RISCmaster
Message 12 of 16 (16,964 Views)

I had the same problem on my HP Compaq TC4400 Tablet PC when I installed Windows 7.  Everything worked besides HP Quick Lauch Buttons.  I researched and found that there is no upgrades for HP QLB at this time.  Most of the buttons were working under Windows 7 itself as it does detect HP Quick Launch Buttons. But some buttons that are associated with Tablet PC Pen Touch were not working.  The most annoying function not working was the screen layout not changing automatically to portrait when the LCD was flipped to Tablet PC mode.  I could manually change the layout from Graphics Options but thats extra hassle.

Well after some research found out a solution to fix the Auto Screen Layout Change atleast. (Thanks Shawn Olso3657)

Install HP Quick Lauch Button Software for vista. (just ignore the warnings and check to not warn everytime when it asks)

DISABLE TURN UAC (User Account Control).  Here's how to do it: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/disable-user-account-control-uac-the-easy-way-on-window...

Restart Computer.

Honor Student
shinu
Message 13 of 16 (15,965 Views)

hii pls try the following...it will work

Click Start , Run... , and then type C:\Program Files\Tablet\Pen\remove.exe and press Enter.

After the driver is uninstalled, restart the computer.Upon restarting the system, the correct Microsoft Windows 7 in-box driver will install automatically.

regards shinu

Honor Student
grogie
Message 14 of 16 (15,819 Views)

wand wrote:

Another problem is that the Vista Drivers won't install because they see the Win 7 OS and stop.  I wonder if setting the install program to Vista would allow it to install.  I will have to try that next time.

Did anyone ever try this? Set up clean install of 7. Run in compatibility mode as vista and install the vista drivers? I am half way into this and want an easy answer. Should get a hammer to fix this HP trash. Never again HP, never.

HP's response to this issue...

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01892673&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3668177

Sad, just sad

HP Pavilion tx 2000 TABLET PC, AMD Turon 64 X2, NVIDIA 6150, BIOS F.06 (from BIOS)
HP Pavilion tx 2025 el Entertainment Notebook PC
(from HP site product # and ser #)
Running Windows 7 no thanks to HP, Used microsoft update to get drivers
Honor Student
grogie
Message 15 of 16 (15,769 Views)

I did this and it is working... so far. starts fast, tablet functions and quick launch buttons are working.

use windows 7 dvd, new install, HDD reformat removing all traices of that horrible vista, once 7 installed use microsoft update to install all drivers, then once update is finished go to

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=2100&lc=en&cc=ca&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3650...

or what ever unit you haves updates download graphic and quick launch (and whatever else) drivers for vista 32 or 64 bit whatever your running windows 7. right click, property's, compatibility, run as vista, apply, OK, right click again, run as admin, OK, OK.....

if it fails I will not be back to tell the story of how I smashed this thing to bits, all the best to my fellow suckers that are stuck with an HP POS

HP Pavilion tx 2000 TABLET PC, AMD Turon 64 X2, NVIDIA 6150, BIOS F.06 (from BIOS)
HP Pavilion tx 2025 el Entertainment Notebook PC
(from HP site product # and ser #)
Running Windows 7 no thanks to HP, Used microsoft update to get drivers
Student
lukix
Message 16 of 16 (11,399 Views)

give me a suggest 4 my notebook on win 7 the touchscreen doesn,t work..but the rotate on screen worked.may i use the pen for mode touch in my notebook?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation