Question

Student
CodyK67
Message 1 of 3 (1,451 Views)
Accepted Solution

Temporary profile after System Restore

I recently did a system restore on my Pavilion dv4-2145dx with Windows 7 and now I can't log in to my main profile. The OS just logs me in to a temporary profile and says to "try logging in later". I have restarted the computer since then. The system lets me type in my password with the profile picture at the Windows login screen, but it still puts me in a temporary profile.

Associate Dean
Mumbodog
Message 2 of 3 (1,444 Views)

Re: Temporary profile after System Restore

For some reason your user profile has become corrupt, the fastest way to recover is to try an earlier restore point or create a new user account and migrate the old one to the new one. Delete the old user account after you are satisfied with the new one, a week or two later.

This article is for XP, but is very similar to Vista and W7, scroll down to "Moving to a new user profile"

http://www.lockergnome.com/it/2004/12/15/get-it-done-recover-a-damaged-windows-xp-user-profile/

Student
U-mail
Message 3 of 3 (1,409 Views)

Re: Temporary profile after System Restore

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation