09-20-2010 02:45 PM
I recently did a system restore on my Pavilion dv4-2145dx with Windows 7 and now I can't log in to my main profile. The OS just logs me in to a temporary profile and says to "try logging in later". I have restarted the computer since then. The system lets me type in my password with the profile picture at the Windows login screen, but it still puts me in a temporary profile.
This question was solved. View Solution.
09-20-2010 03:33 PM
For some reason your user profile has become corrupt, the fastest way to recover is to try an earlier restore point or create a new user account and migrate the old one to the new one. Delete the old user account after you are satisfied with the new one, a week or two later.
This article is for XP, but is very similar to Vista and W7, scroll down to "Moving to a new user profile"
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)