Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Worked fine on HP Envy 17 with Windows 8.1.  Thanks!

HP Recommended

@hectorfermen wrote:

It´s ok the new actuallycion but there only have a new icons a stupids cofigurations for the new windoswn and there have a goog interface. This new windows it´s a joke of microsoft

Big - 027.gif

Please post in English........

HP Recommended

Recently I bought an HP Pavilion 500, model 301nd with WIN 8.1. Just as - apparently - most HP pc's the recovery programme only allowsto make a recovery file ONCE.

The trick to make more recovery files as described by Hlow_guy doesn't work for me as on my pc hidden files called RMCSTATUS.BIN or REBECCA.DAT are nowhere to be found.

On another forum I found something though,  that did work for me:

- locate two files named HPDRCV.PRC (0ne somwhere on C: another one in the recovery partion)

- rename the two files so that the recov.prog doesn't recognise them anymore

For me this worked great: after the above steps the recovery programme was perfectly willing to make another recovery file.

Maybe this is useful to anyone.

Regs,

Paul

HP Recommended

Hi there, Do you have one for a HP G-56.

Last disc failed, and now I'm stuck.

Cheers

HP Recommended

For my DV7-4285DX, the file name is "hpdrcu.prc" and is saved in two places:

C:\ProgramData\Hewlett-Packard\Recovery

and 

D:\

I copied, then deleted these two files, and now Recovery Manager is again willing to let me create my recovery disk (USB).

HP Recommended

this worked on my dv7  with windows seven  i changed the  extension to .bak on both ! ty ty ty :generic:

HP Recommended

This method worked for Compaq CQ58, Windows 8 with Classic Shell installed, and HP Recovery Manager version 7.1.11.0:

1. Open the Computer window from the start menu

2. Click on "View" on the menu bar, then on "Options" on the ribbon and select "Change folder and search options"
    The Folder Options screen will open up, showing the General tab.

3. Select the View tab and ensure your settings are as follows:
    - Hidden Files and Folders: Show hidden files, folders and drives is selected
    Hide extensions for known file types is not selected
    Hide protected operating system files (recommended) is not selected

NOTE: 
    unless your system is set up as described above you will NOT find the files you need to rename!

4. search the whole computer for "rebecca" (don't add any extensions as these may differ depending on your system)

Ignore any files that END in .ico or .exe

Rename
    (press <F2> on the keyboard) any file that ends with a different extension (e.g. .log, .ini, .exe.log, .dat, .bin) to end in .bak (which means you are retaining the file, but it will not be found by the system).

For example on the Compaq CQ58 had two rebecca files:
    - "Rebecca.dat" (located at C:\Windows\System32\), I renamed this "Rebecca.dat.bak".
    - "Rebecca.exe.log" (located at C:\Users\{user_profile}\AppDaa\Local\Microsof\CLR_v4.0\UsageLogs), I renamed this "Rebecca.exe.log.bak"

5. search the whole computer for "rmcstatus" (don't add any extensions as these may differ depending on your system)

Ignore any files that END in .ico or .exe (there shouldn't be any!)

Rename (press <F2> on the keyboard) any file that ends with a different extension (e.g. .prc.log.ini, .bin) to end in .bak (which means you are retaining the file, but it will not be found by the system).

For example on the Compaq CQ58 had two RMCStatus files:
    -"RMCStatus.bin" (locate at D:\), I renamed this "RMCStatus.bin.bak"
    -"RMCStatus.bin" (locate at C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Recovery Manager\), I renamed this "RMCStatus.bin.bak"

6. Restart your computer.
    You should now be able to create a new set of recovery media (to USB, DVD)
HP Recommended

Hello, i want to create a second set of recovery discs in my hp dv6 pavilion 7080es
because one of my disc was damaged and the recovery partion for some reason doesn't work ...... i have windows 7 home premium 64 bit
and my hp recovery manager is version 5.0.2.0
more details in the pictures 1.JPG

HP Recommended

Hello, i want to create a second set of recovery discs in my hp dv6 pavilion 7080es
because one of my disc was damaged and the recovery partion for some reason doesn't work ...... i have windows 7 home premium 64 bit
more details in the pictures

2.JPG

HP Recommended

more details in the pictures

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.