Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello, i want to create a second set of recovery discs in my hp dv6 pavilion 7080es
because one of my disc was damaged and the recovery partion for some reason doesn't work ...... i have windows 7 home premium 64 bit
and my hp recovery manager is version 5.0.2.0
more details in the pictures

HP Recommended
Many thanks this worked for me!!! Your a star
HP Recommended

Good one.. Really...

But i have a question here.. 

I just got my new hp pavilion Laptop and i am yet to create the set of recovery discs..  

I know that for creating this recovery, i will need "Five (5) 4.7gb blank DVDs" or "A 32gb Pendrive"..  

I have decide to create the recovery in my 32gb Pen drive.. I have also heard that, i wont be able to use that particular Pen drive for any other purpose after that..  

My Questions are -

1) After i have writen the recovery to my pendrive.. Is it possible to copy that recovery from Pendrive to another pendrive or write into another 5 DVD Packs??  (I am asking For dual protection)..

2) Also, If i write the recovery to the 5 DVDs, is it possible to copy those dvds to 2nd set of dvds??  Or can i copy those DVDs recovery file to a pen drive??

Finally, Which is better for Recovery - DVDs or Pendrive?? 

Pls Advice..  

- Raj

HP Recommended

@raj9 wrote:

Good one.. Really...

But i have a question here.. 

I just got my new hp pavilion Laptop and i am yet to create the set of recovery discs..  

I know that for creating this recovery, i will need "Five (5) 4.7gb blank DVDs" or "A 32gb Pendrive"..  

I have decide to create the recovery in my 32gb Pen drive.. I have also heard that, i wont be able to use that particular Pen drive for any other purpose after that..  

My Questions are -

1) After i have writen the recovery to my pendrive.. Is it possible to copy that recovery from Pendrive to another pendrive or write into another 5 DVD Packs??  (I am asking For dual protection)..

2) Also, If i write the recovery to the 5 DVDs, is it possible to copy those dvds to 2nd set of dvds??  Or can i copy those DVDs recovery file to a pen drive??

Finally, Which is better for Recovery - DVDs or Pendrive?? 

Pls Advice..  

- Raj

Yeah I would like to know the answer to this as I am in the same situation? Can anyone help with this?

HP Recommended

I would assume a usb, because if one of your disks fails then your screwed without a way to recover

HP Recommended

@nolacs22 wrote:

Hey, if you delete something from the D:\ recovery drive, it becomes corrupt, so how do you pull this off?  Contradictory statements here. Need more info before I try this.

Any expert out here who can clarify this above statement??  

HP Recommended

I just bought a "HP BeatsAudio Notebook"

( I edited the previous words from BeatsAudio to Pavilion 15 Notebook PC after I used a utility called "dxdiag.exe" to retrieve better information) 

and I found your list of fixes worked well.  They are not all true at the same time.  One of them will be true when you use the Create step the first time, and the next one will be true when you override the first time and the second attempt was completed.   But in the end, it is a very useful process.

But I found the next level of the process where I can't find any of the listed files anywhere on the HDD.

After a complete re-install from the Recovery Media itself, I want to create a new set of Recovery Media after the re-install, but I can't create the new Recovery Media.  At that point none of your listed files are anywhere you mention.

It gives out a specific error message to that point and tells me to click on the OK to return to the HOME PAGE. 

Do you have a modification to your suggestions that will handle that scenario?  Thanks.

HP Recommended
I found no file RMCstatus.bin
HP Recommended

So for those who have hit a road bump and can't create a second set of recovery discs or backup image using HP Recovery Manager (Rebecca.exe), I found a way through this. The processes listed above from the other members are correct depending on what kind of HP you have, especially if you have created a backup and haven't resored the machine yet. But in some instances where your computer has already been restored using the backup created with Rebecca.exe, then deleting the already mentioned DAT/BIN files won't work.

So this is the fix and explanation if the Recovery manager won't let you make a second backup set:

Rebecca.exe is reading the UCRD.FLG file in D:\Recovery\ and can tell that the system has already created backup discs. This file needs to be removed or renamed. You can't access that directory via GUI, so simply change the file name to something else in [elevated] command prompt.

Right click the start menu, select Command Prompt (Admin), then type:

rename D:\recovery\UCRD.FLG UCRD2.FLG

Now try running the recovery manager or use the below command:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Recovery Manager\Rebecca.exe" \CRM

I hope it works for you as it worked for me. Stay HP!

HP Recommended

Hats Off To You Zapperuno! The Trick Worked For Me The First Time I Tried It. You Saved Me A Headache. I Recomend This Process For Anyone Who Has Made A Recovery From Cd Or Usb And Then Lost It. It Opens The Option Back Up. If You Have Only Restored Your Pc From Hardrive And Made A Copy To Cd Or Usb And Want To Get The Options To Make Another Set, You Must Look At The Changing Of RMCStatus.bin To RMCStatus.bak( That Was The Only File I Had To Change) Thanks Again!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.