Question

Honor Student
AniketMarne
Message 1 of 4 (249 Views)

To reinstall windows 8- product key

I installed windows 8.1 from another source. But it is expiring in few days. I want to reinstall windows 8 back which is preinstalled on my HP pavilion g6 2320 tx. How to get my product key of previous windows 8?

Dean
Vidya
Message 2 of 4 (219 Views)

Re: To reinstall windows 8- product key

The product key of Windows 8 that is preinstalled with your system is injected into the BIOS. If you install Windows 8 using the Recovery disks created, it gets automatically activated.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
Honor Student
AniketMarne
Message 3 of 4 (217 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Vidya,

Is it the same partition that present in my laptop having name recovery? I formated my drive C during installation of windows 8.1.

How to use that recovery drive . In my laptop it is present as drive G.

Dean
Vidya
Message 4 of 4 (211 Views)

Product Key is injected into BIOS. Preinstalled Operating system and software would be available in Recovery paritition. Here is the link that explains the procedure to perform Recovery using the Recovery paritition:

HP PCs - Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
Use HP System Recovery to reinstall or restore an HP computer with Windows 8 to the way it was at an earlier time.
I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation