Question

Student
yunjuoh
Message 1 of 6 (7,581 Views)

Toggle/Scroll on right of touchpad doesn't work!!

Hi, I just got a new HP laptop wtih Windows 7. But I can't get the toggle/scroll that you use on the right of the touchpad to work. I have no idea where to start and am wondering if anyone can help me out? Thanks!

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 2 of 6 (7,549 Views)

Re: Toggle/Scroll on right of touchpad doesn't work!!

Hi,

Write down Your p/n which is under Your computer and looks like this.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Student
disgruntledHPer
Message 3 of 6 (7,164 Views)

I have a HP with the same problem.  P/N: NM039UA#ABA  It is an HP Pavillion dv4-1283cl

Thanks!!

Intern
cham77
Message 4 of 6 (7,160 Views)

[ Edited ]

By default I believe most newer HP laptops use a "2 finger scroll" method which I find highly annoying.  Look in the lower right of your screen for a red "Synaptics Pointing device" icon.  Right click on it, go to "pointing device properties" then click on the "device settings" tab, then click "settings".  This is where you can customize just about everything with the touchpad. click the plus sign next to "scrolling", click on "two-finger scrolling", uncheck "enable vertical scrolling and "enable horiontal scrolling", click apply.  Then click on "one-finger scrolling", check "enable vertical scrolling" and whatever else you see there that you like and click apply.

If you find the pad is not responsive enough or you have to press too hard then also click on  the plus sign next to "Palm check blah blah blah" then click "palmcheck" and move the slider to the left a bit and click apply.  the further to the left the more sensitive it will be

The above may not apply to all models.

Honor Student
Charis6
Message 5 of 6 (6,414 Views)

Thank you! This was exactly the information I was looking for.

Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 6 of 6 (6,402 Views)

Resource:

How to change Two - Finger Scrolling on One - Finger Scrolling in Synaptics TouchPad software.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation