01-27-2010 02:18 PM
Hi, I just got a new HP laptop wtih Windows 7. But I can't get the toggle/scroll that you use on the right of the touchpad to work. I have no idea where to start and am wondering if anyone can help me out? Thanks!
02-09-2010 07:52 PM
Write down Your p/n which is under Your computer and looks like this.
12-31-2010 11:29 AM - edited 12-31-2010 11:33 AM
By default I believe most newer HP laptops use a "2 finger scroll" method which I find highly annoying. Look in the lower right of your screen for a red "Synaptics Pointing device" icon. Right click on it, go to "pointing device properties" then click on the "device settings" tab, then click "settings". This is where you can customize just about everything with the touchpad. click the plus sign next to "scrolling", click on "two-finger scrolling", uncheck "enable vertical scrolling and "enable horiontal scrolling", click apply. Then click on "one-finger scrolling", check "enable vertical scrolling" and whatever else you see there that you like and click apply.
If you find the pad is not responsive enough or you have to press too hard then also click on the plus sign next to "Palm check blah blah blah" then click "palmcheck" and move the slider to the left a bit and click apply. the further to the left the more sensitive it will be
The above may not apply to all models.
07-01-2011 03:48 PM
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)