Question

Honor Student
sattu
Message 1 of 22 (75,256 Views)

Touch Pad Problem!

I am using HP pavilion dv6, and the OS is Windows 7 Home edition.

I am not able to scroll down/up the pages using the touchpad. i have an led on the top left part of the touchpad.If it glows red.The touchpad is locked. i wanna know how u lock and unlock the touchpad.

Master's Graduate
Comptronic
Message 2 of 22 (75,247 Views)

Re: Touch Pad Problem!

It glows red?  Do you mean amber?  When it glows white, you are able to scroll correct?

To enable or disable the Touchpad, just hit the button directly above the Touchpad.

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 3 of 22 (75,236 Views)

On the new dv6, you can enable and disable touchpad Check below instuctions...

Touchpad.png

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 4 of 22 (75,235 Views)

On the Scrolling not working on this touchpad you will need to use two finger to scroll...but you can change that to single finger by going to Control Panel -> Mouse -> Device Setting -> Synaptics properties windows -> Scrolling and enable single finger scrolling...Check below screenshot of the same...

touchpad3.png

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
Tutor
Ogman10
Message 5 of 22 (75,180 Views)

Ditto to ALL this touchpad malfunctioning - have HP dv4 laptop; OS is Win 7 64-bit; since Windows Update occurred months ago, have had the jumping cursor/clicking where it pleases, typing all over the page somewhere, etc. going on.  Thought it was me but found out NOT recently; within last week yet another Windows Update was installed; this time by the Geek Squad (my attempt while laptop was in last week of its 1 yr. warranty!)who  ran the update.  NOW, my scroll (up and down) doesn't work anymore.  Been reading about this ALL DAY thus far and frustrated out of my mind!  Have uninstalled all mouse drivers but keeps reinstalling a 'PS/2 Standard Mouse' even in SAFE MODE; downloaded and installed successfully the only SYNAPTICS TOUCHPAD driver I could find but mouse properties still does not give me touchpad settings - still Standard Mouse but did get a 'DEVICE SETTINGS' tab.  Then installed ALPS TOUCHPAD driver I found and same thing happened.  I've been to Microsoft, HP, Synaptics, and ALPS sites and still cannot resolve this mess!  CAN ANYONE OUT THERE HELP ME BEFORE I GO NUTS?!  This problem has consistently been going on since 2008 at the very least....why can't it be fixed?   ARGH!!!!   

Student
Aquinashs34
Message 6 of 22 (64,998 Views)

I forgot my pin password for hp touchpad and i cant figure what it is i forgot it and i don't know what to do now. Sincerely Valerie R.

Student
daveg64
Message 7 of 22 (63,463 Views)

Sometimes when it is glowing you can not click the area twice to turn it back on, mine randomly locks on me. It is extremely annoying. HP Pavillion dv6. What do you do, other than reboot the laptop or plug in a USB mouse which I don't always have, when no matter how many times you double-click and follow the instructions fails to unlock the thing? Is there a way to turn off the lockability of the trackpad and just leave it on ALL the time?

I would appreciate a response, the instructions in the manual do nothing to help the situation. Thanks in advance.

Honor Student
johnlb123
Message 8 of 22 (60,221 Views)

The solution that worked for me was;

goto control panel

mouse

snyaptics

device settings

reset devices

I am suprised HP did not answer with ths

Top Student
pitah
Message 9 of 22 (60,104 Views)

Double tap the red light to put it on or off

Honor Student
johnlb123
Message 10 of 22 (59,867 Views)

You have misread the thread Pitah,

The double tap sequence does not work on occasion and the only option I have found id to reset the device (touchpad) by the method I proposed.

I have no idea why the touchpad freezes and wont respond to the double tap, but following the sequence resets it so that it does respond.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation