Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@artech

Hi,
Please write your notebook product number (p/n), which system are you using and country of purchase.

Resource:
How to Locate the Notebook product number (p/n)

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

ya...reinstall from the recovery manager...touchpad driver.

HP Recommended

Hi

I bought pavilion g6. But scroll is not working. Did i need to change any settings???

HP Recommended

did u see the user manual of touch pad...scroll with two fingers ,relative speed between the two fingers defines the scroll..

if its still doesnt work...go to hp recovery manager and re install the synaptics touchpad driver

HP Recommended

Hi

same problem

"message mouse not detected" on start up

bios updated, old driver synaptics uninstalled

newest synaptics installed

in control panel/mouse it shouws my usb mouse and ps/2 mouse which is working correctly

doesn't see synaptic driver, no synaptics pad in mouse controls section

p/n   A1E99EA

hp 4530 using windows 7 home premium

HP Recommended

My tochpad not working. My system Window 7 home basic. No tochpad on indication light.

HP Recommended

I found a temporary fix to this problem, it stays in effect only until the laptop is turned off. Go to control panel>Hardware&Sound>Mouse(Under Devices And Printers Tab)>Wheel(Tab)>and under Vertical Scrolling,toggle the number up,than down to the original number, than click "Apply". This will fix the problem temporarily. I havenot founf a permanent fix yet.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.