Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Be sure then all drivers given by EverWin and installed byYou are uninstalled.

Uninstall also all drivers for touchpad installed by You before installing driver from me.

Message Edited by Daniel_Potyrala on 11-22-2009 11:51 PM
** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended
Did as you said, but still not working
HP Recommended

Show me on screens what kind of files You've got installed from Windows Update.

How to find this updates all informations You will find below:

How to View Windows Update History Details in Windows 7

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

Here is a possible solution to your problem.  I had the same type of problem also.  I found this on the internet.

Make sure you have the correct driver for your operating system installed.

If driver is correct:

power down the computer

remove the power connector

remove the battery

wait 1 minute then reverse the procedure

Hopefully it will be working now.

Good luck

HP Recommended
Daniel, I have many updates installed on my laptop and it's time consuming to copy details of each...
HP Recommended
Anyone got any solutions for the problem?
Message Edited by akilana on 11-22-2009 07:45 AM
HP Recommended
such a pain
HP Recommended

Sorry for so late reply.....

I don't now how but I didn't noticed that.

A

Touchpad:

Uninstall Synaptics driver given by me it's not for You model. (If You have other drivers for this device uninstall them too).

Resources:

Uninstall or change a program in Windows 7

Install this driver:

ALPS Touchpad  ver 7.5.1711.118 A for Win7 here

B

Audio:

If it was upgrade then uninstall Your old audio driver.

Resources:

Uninstall or change a program in Windows 7

If You have installed audio driver through Windows Update then go to

Control Panel -> Devices Manager -> Audio, Video and Games Controllers

Find there IDT audio. Click on it with right button of Your mouse and choose uninstall driver.

When You will do this install this driver:

IDT audio here for Win7 by HP

HP Recommended
That's awesome.  It's working now. Thank you so much for your help.
HP Recommended
I'm glad then Your problem is solved now. 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.