Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

It is not quite so simple.

Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 do have native support for touchscreens.

There is the consideration that Windows 10 is a brand new OS. It has only been available to the general public for a single day.  

I am upgrading my current HP loaner HP Omen to Windows 10 Pro as I type this. I will know if the touchscreen works when it is complete. 

I am sure you don't completely rely on the touchscreen for input to the operating system.  I only use the touchscreen once in agreat while if I even think about it.

Wait for a few days and keep on trying the Windows update option. It will take some patience on your part.

edit: The Windows 10 Pro update is complete. The touchscreen is still working just as it did before. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

it's taking an eternity to start up from off too. It used to be real quick.

I know there are gonna be teething problems, as with any new operating system. Just a case of sticking with it I guess.

HP Recommended

i think its more of a app problem.... my touchscreen is fully functional with the new edge browser but navigation with my opera and chrome browsers does not work...

id suggest looking for updated version of your current browsers that you use thats what i am doing.

tested all buttons on edge browser and navigation   all working   

chrome and opera can only close the window only via touchscreen.

hoope this helps!!!

HP Recommended

Having the same problem with Pavilion touchscreen.  Diagnostics show touch working fine, so it definitely happened during the Windows 10 upgrade.

Sure would  like to see a resolution.  Thanks.

HP Recommended

How does one get touchscreen functionality back after Windows 10 'upgrade'?  

Not sure if I will go back as the graphicsis pretty good, just need touch screen

HP Recommended

Not sure if it will work on everyone but here is what I did.

1. Go to device manager (used the search function as I can't find my computer on start menu!)

2. look for Human Interface Device

3. then HID Compliant Touch Screen

4. right click choose disable then re enable

My touch screen is now working again after doing that. Hope it will help you guys.

HP Recommended

Still no touchscreen with Windows 10.  "No pen or touch input is available for this display." There is no listing for "HID Compliant Touch Scrren" in my settings.

HP Recommended
I have the same problem. No matter what I try and do I am not able to use my touch screen with Windows 10. And there is no way to go back to 8.1.
HP Recommended

I had the same problem. Tried a driver update from HP and it made it MUCH worse. Ended up reversing update back to 8.1.

(Go to Windows Update and choose rollback)

Now reading some of the comments, I am wondering it if was the browser(s) and if I should try again and upgrade those...

HP Recommended

Don't update until the issue is resolved. The touchscreen doesn't even work in the MS Edge browser or on the desktop. I'll be getting a call from level 2 MS support on Sunday. Level 1 was a joke.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.