Question

Tutor
Great_Geek
Message 1 of 9 (398 Views)
Accepted Solution

UNABLE TO INSTALL ANY OPERATING SYSTEM

HI,

I have bought an hp laptop with this specification HP Pavilion g4-1310au Notebook PC about two weeks ago. It comes with a Freedos Operating system. I tried installing a windows xp operating system and also tried to install a windows 7 but everytime i install the operating system, the installion was being interrupted with an error meassage to be specific a "Blue Screen" error message saying that there are problems with my hard disk and that i have to check on my hard disk drive. That scenario came up when i tried to install the windows xp on it. The next thing i did is that i tried to install the windows 7 in the laptop. But still no luck, this time the error says that the installation cannot continue because there is a file missing or corrupt file that prevents the installation.

I have also tried to set some BIOS settings in the laptop like the Boot Option to start the boot installation in the cd/dvd drive of the laptop.

What seems to be the problem if I am not able to install any operating system in the laptop? Is there any way or any special instruction for me to install the operating systems in that particular type and model of a laptop??

Your help will be much appreciated if you could guide me to solved my problem with my laptop.

Tutor
AIOweb
Message 2 of 9 (381 Views)

Re: UNABLE TO INSTALL ANY OPERATING SYSTEM

Have you tried installing it with USB?
Tutorial :
http://www.intowindows.com/bootable-usb/

If this doesn't help let me know.
Tutor
Great_Geek
Message 3 of 9 (374 Views)

yes. i have already tried to install windows 7 using the usb method. after i picked the partition where i should install the windows 7 it continued until there but after that. The installation was interrupted saying that there is a missing file or corrupted file so the installation cannot be continued or completed. And im wondering if its because of the windows file or is it because of the hard drive problem again.

i also have done some research on how to install an operating system on my laptop model but no luck.

please help. and i appreciate every assistance for my case.

Thank you so much in advance.

Tutor
AIOweb
Message 4 of 9 (372 Views)

What you can try is to use the hp tools to check for problems. When starting up press f10
Tutor
Great_Geek
Message 5 of 9 (362 Views)

Ok. I'll try to check my system using the hp tools. i'll let you know what happened and get back to you.

Thank you for your help and hope that it finally fix the problem.

Tutor
Great_Geek
Message 6 of 9 (344 Views)

Hi,

I have already tried checking my system using the hp tools by pressing the F10 during the start up and nothing seems to be a problem. All test went well with no errors found.

I have also tried the slipstream process with the windows xp installation integrating the amd achi drivers but still i get the same "Blue Screen Error".

This scenario is always bugging me for quite some time now because i just bought the laptop for about two weeks ago and this is all i got.

please help and advise on how i can install an operating with my laptop.

Every help and advise is much appreciated.

Tutor
AIOweb
Message 7 of 9 (312 Views)

Do you have any other PC ?

Cause there is one option left that is called network install. 

I just did this  and this question consistently ranked high in my googling, so I'll throw down a way-after-the-fact answer with the notes about what I learned. Hopefully this will fill in some blanks.

Source OS was Win7 x64.

Source machine:

This machine must have a static IPv4 address. This example will use 192.168.0.1.

This machine must have a Windows installation in a shared folder somewhere. This example will use .\win7

This example will log in to the source machine with user TEST and password test.

Use tftpboot to fire up a DCHP server (gives an IP to a computer when requested).
This will also start a TFTP server for all of the file transfers.

There should be a folder called boot\ in the tftpboot directory which contains an installation of Windows PE.

Start tftp64.exe (or tftp32.exe), open the settings, use default settings, and change:

• IP pool starting addresss: Whatever, the pool of IPs to draw from
  • Size of pool: Must be > 2
  • Boot File: boot\pxeboot.com (will dump into Windows PE environment)
  • Mask: 255.255.255.0 works fine.
  • Uncheck "Ping address before assignation"
  • Check "Bind DHCP to this address"

Restart the program to ensure changes are in effect.

Receiver machine:

Run a network boot from the receiver machine. (The DHCP server will assign an IP).

The boot file will be transferred and run. Press F12 to tell WindowsPE to do something.

Wait a while (30-60 seconds). A command prompt will appear and load. Wait until a cursor is available.

A drive must be assigned to the root folder on the Source machine. To do this:

X:\Windows\system32>net use z: \\192.168.0.1\win7

A username of a user on the source machine, and password, must be entered.

Enter the user name for '192.168.0.1': 192.168.0.1\TEST Enter the password for 192.169.0.1: test The command completed successfully.

Navigate over to the new directory (z:\) and fire away. Commands will have a long delay but should work eventually.

Links:

http://tftpd32.jounin.net/tftpd32_download.html (DHCP server x86 or x64, no boot\ dir)

WinPE link removed <-- You'll have to get a legal copy of WinPE.

http://www.geeksonhigh.com/hardware/cannot-boot-from-windows-7-cd-try-pxe

http://certcollection.org/forum/topic/28167-installing-windows-7-over-the-network-using-pxe-booting-...

Keep me updated:smileyhappy:

Tutor
Great_Geek
Message 8 of 9 (293 Views)

Hi.

Thank you for your patience and for every advise that you have given me.
After trying so hard to figrure out what seems to be the problem with my laptop
why i can't install any operating system in it, i came across a software that did the
trick for my problem.The software is called the RUFUS v1.4.6. I used it to make a
bootable windows 7 usb and it worked.

I finally realised that my laptop is fine but there is a problem with the process that
i have used to make a bootable usb. After trying the software, everything went well and
the installation of the operating system is a success.

Tutor
AIOweb
Message 9 of 9 (286 Views)

Oke I am happy to hear that it worked. Next time make it bootable with Dos command prompt.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation