Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
15-p245sa
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi there,

I have recently put on windows 7 (downgraded from windows 😎

Everything is fine except the USB's dont seem to work... No usb sticks are detected or even are powered up. 

At first it couldnt update the driver by itself so i downloaded the chipset driver from HP and installed, and now its labeled as:

Mobile 5th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) USB xHCI Controller - 9CB1

Regardless it makes no difference and the USB's still do not work.

Here are the hardware ID's:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9CB1&SUBSYS_2293103C&REV_03
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9CB1&SUBSYS_2293103C
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9CB1&CC_0C0330
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9CB1&CC_0C03

and compatible ID's

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9CB1&REV_03
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9CB1
PCI\VEN_8086&CC_0C0330
PCI\VEN_8086&CC_0C03
PCI\VEN_8086
PCI\CC_0C0330
PCI\CC_0C03

In the general tab under Device Status it says:

No drivers are installed for this device. 

I will look at the bios now, any other ideas??

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You need this driver for that device...

Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 Driver and Software

File name: sp66402.exe

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thank you, Nearly there, now several devices appear under the 'Universal Serial Bus Controllers' catagory.

USB's lighting up and working, However.

Now in Device manager this appears under unknown devices:

BCM43142A0

The hardware ID is:

USB\VID_0A5C&PID_216C&REV_0112
USB\VID_0A5C&PID_216C

Compatible ID

USB\Class_ff&SubClass_01&Prot_01
USB\Class_ff&SubClass_01
USB\Class_ff

Thank you so much for the continued support.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You need this driver for that device...

Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 Driver and Software

File name: sp66402.exe

HP Recommended

Fantasic, laptop now working perfectly with W7.

Could i ask you how you found these drivers? My way is via google using hardware ID's etc and it brings up lots of dodgy websites. 

Give a man a fish etc, i would like to be able to do it myself in the future.

Any Advice?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

I wish there was a way for me to easily tell you how to find drivers for PC's, but there isn't.

You are quite right with the first steps.  Find the hardware ID's and google them.

The step I can't teach you, but must be learned by trial and error, is to find a corresponding consumer or business PC that has the same hardware as the one you are working on, that has drivers for more than one operating system.

For example...your specific model...15-p245sa:

As you know, HP does not support your model with any other drivers than for W8.1 64 bit.

So, I look up the product specs on your model's support page, and it tells me it has an Intel 5th generation core processor, Intel HD graphics, and the corresponding Intel Series 9 chipset.

Now, I have learned from experience and searching the HP consumer support site, that the 15t-p000 can come with the same hardware as yours, and has a full set of W7 x64 drivers and software.

http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-15-p000-notebook-pc-series/6936226/m...

So now at least you can find all the W7 x64 drivers you need for your model in the future, without having to visit spurious websites.

Suppose you needed to run Windows 7 32 bit operating system on your model because of some odd ball program you need that only runs on 32 bit operating systems.

HP does not support any consumer class notebook made in the last few years for 32 bit operating systems.

Accordingly, you have to cross reference your model with an equivalent HP business class model that has most of the same hardware as yours.

In the case of your model, the HP business notebook equivalent of yours, is the HP Probook 450 G2, which has a full set of W7 32 bit drivers.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=6943827&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4053

So, as you can see, you would need to spend quite a bit of time to research and cross reference PC's to find the required drivers, if you don't know how or where to look.

Should you ever need assistance in finding drivers for a different HP PC, please do not hesitate to ask for my assistance.

HP Recommended

After run BIOS update and connected to hp web site and downloaded and ran system detection software, it was detected product correctly and I installed HP support assistance framework, it was able to install drivers automatically. installed drivers correctly and worked well. also LAN and wifi drivers.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.