Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
It looks like it turned out to be a hardware issue since disabling a root hub appears to resolve the error message. I'm glad you were able to pinpoint the problem root hub.

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community.
Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

Hello, Jim VT

I have an hp dv6 - 7014nr that has the same problem like you. However, the thing is I cannot live without webcam and fingerprint, try other solutions as well but no hope, I knew that is an hardware issue, did you fix it by sending to a repair shop or still living with it? If your laptop is fixed, please let me know what is the real problem and the cost that may be charged, I do not want to replace a whole mainboard, please help me!

HP Recommended

DaiCa,

I'm sorry to informyou that I'm still living with the problem. The only thing I got fixed is that I don't get the error message every 5 seconds (as described above). For the rest my webcam and fingerscan are broken and not usable any longer.

Bringing it to a shop to repair would cost more than I would like to give for it I think. And my warranty had run out too.

Good luck.

HP Recommended

Hi Jim,

I have disassembled a whole laptop, took out the small webcam from the top of the screen, also the fingerprint all together and put them into another laptop with the same model Dv6t - 7xxx, the result is quite incredible, they all works like a charm, so the only clue lies on the motherboard, as you can work with the laptop normally means the mainboard is still good and no need to be replaced, I think first is the problem with only one of the usb ports, you can replace it and the cost will no more than 20$, the second option is the I/O chip, assuming not enough electricity to trigger the webcam + fingerprint but other devices such as mobile phone, ipod battery that required energy will be charged until full (the only complicated thing that I can not understand)  will always be lower than 40$ for replacement, the worst case is when the circuit that linked to the position where it will transfer electric to webcam and fingerprint has been cut (you must replace the motherboard when the shop informed you exactly like I described).

Can you confirm that you are suffering the same situation like me, when you connect devices to charge its battery, the process go smoothly?, did you try disconnect the mouse when working. In my situation, when windows is running,  if I try to unplug the mouse or other USB storage out of the usb ports suddenly, I will need to restart windows to make them being recognized again, really annoying.

HP Recommended

My hp pavilion g6-1008tu usb slot not working any more.... can you help me please...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.