Question

Student
jeffbandle
Message 1 of 2 (826 Views)

Ubuntu on HP Envy U 12.04 Sleekbook

Hi All -

My daughter recently got an HP Envy Sleekbook for a new job.  Part of the job is scientific research based and requires her to use ubuntu 12.04 linux.  I was able to install this on an older HP laptop I have but I am having no luck on her new Envy.  When I get to the step to install the OS to the hard drive, the laptop harddrive isn't a destination device option.  The only device it sees is the DVD drive that contains the ubuntu 12.04 boot disk.  When I go to the desktop from the dvd booted version, I can see the harddrive as /dev/sda.  Any ideas on how to get ubuntu to recognize it?

Thanks,

Jeff

Master's Graduate
Matt_Lo
Message 2 of 2 (814 Views)

Re: Ubuntu on HP Envy U 12.04 Sleekbook

Are you trying to dual-boot or have Ubuntu as the only operating system. If all you want is Ubuntu, try reformatting the hard drive and trying the installation again. If that still doesn't work, try booting from the Live DVD and initiating the installation from there.

good luck :smileyhappy:

"I'm looking for a laptop that looks like it's wrapped in super-rich, smoothed out tangerine peels." -TheMusicMaker
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation