06-06-2012 08:14 PM
Hi All -
My daughter recently got an HP Envy Sleekbook for a new job. Part of the job is scientific research based and requires her to use ubuntu 12.04 linux. I was able to install this on an older HP laptop I have but I am having no luck on her new Envy. When I get to the step to install the OS to the hard drive, the laptop harddrive isn't a destination device option. The only device it sees is the DVD drive that contains the ubuntu 12.04 boot disk. When I go to the desktop from the dvd booted version, I can see the harddrive as /dev/sda. Any ideas on how to get ubuntu to recognize it?
06-07-2012 11:16 AM
I am an HP employee.
"I'm looking for a laptop that looks like it's wrapped in super-rich, smoothed out tangerine peels." -TheMusicMaker
- Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8)
- Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 8)
- Read this before ordering your Recovery Discs! (US and Canada Only)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)
- Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 7)