Unable to Install/Uninstall HP MediaSmart Webcam, Not Functioning properly (DV6 series notebook) (695 Views)
Top Student
jbozzo1217
Message 1 of 4 (695 Views)

Unable to Install/Uninstall HP MediaSmart Webcam, Not Functioning properly (DV6 series notebook)

Hi all,

Thanks for reading. Ever since I updated to Windows 7 (when it first came out...) the webcam software has not been working properly. Upon trying to uninstall it I get the following error message:

"Error reading setup initialization file."

Whenever I try to download the file from the website or download a different version of the file, it asks me to uninstall this file. I say yes, and then the same error message comes up. I can't win!

I've tried using CCleaner and cleaning up everything I can. I've even tried to go in and manually delete everything in program files that says "MediaSmart" or "Webcam," but that hasn't worked either. Still could not uninstall properly, even through CCleaner. I did not permanently delete all the files though, because I wasn't sure if this would do me more harm than good.

I looked in the webcam files for setup.exe or uninstall.exe, etc. I found nothing of the sort. Currently I can't even run HP MediaSmart Webcam (even "as an admin").

Please please pleaseeee help! It's been so long and I am just tired of dealing with this.

Thanks!

Top Student
jbozzo1217
Message 2 of 4 (683 Views)

Re: Unable to Install/Uninstall HP MediaSmart Webcam, Not Functioning properly (DV6 series notebook)

I believe I have technically uninstalled the software. I finally deleted enough things that I was able to uninstall. However when I do try to reinstall, all goes well until it tells me that the software is found and is already installed, would you like to uninstall it?

I click yes, of course, and then nothing happens. What nowwww???

Student
dywandithe
Message 3 of 4 (335 Views)

Re: Unable to Install/Uninstall HP MediaSmart Webcam, Not Functioning properly (DV6 series notebook)

Dears;

I have the same problem

BR

waleed

Distinguished Professor
RedRose0528
Message 4 of 4 (320 Views)

Hello Dywandithe,

I understand you are unable to install and reinstall your webcam software, is that correct? I will be more than happy to help you with this.

Can you please provide the full make and model of the computer you have, if you are unsure how to locate that information have a look at this link for help.

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
I work for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation