Question

Top Student
Prince-Chennai
Message 1 of 5 (3,020 Views)
Accepted Solution

Unable to Install XP X64 in HP Pavilion DV5-1203ax

Hi All,

I'm having difficulty in installing VMWARE in my laptop which is currently installed with Vista Home Premium 32 Bit. I then decided to go for XP X64 bit and during setup, i got a blue screen error message before even loading all files.

Error Message is: STOP: 0x0000007b (0xfffffadf90a323c0)

Please Help.

Many Thanks

Prince 

Also please let me know the drive downloads for XP x64 for DV5-1203ax 

PhD Student
Gangles
Message 2 of 5 (3,042 Views)

Re: Unable to Install XP X64 in HP Pavilion DV5-1203ax

This might be an obvious question but I must ask. You do have 64 bit hardware on that machine right? assuming you do, I will do research for you for the error message
Signature:
I currently work on behalf of HP for numerous support departments. The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of myself, not of HP. There is no guarantee that the opinions expressed are 100% correct.
Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 3 of 5 (3,030 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

There are big problems with drivers to XP 64 bit version, software, etc. This version isn't as good supported as other system. I know the there is one difference which may be very importnat to You. Then XP 32 bit can hold only 3,5GB of Ram and 64 bit version all that chipset can take. If You need full Ram for any program or anything else the best choice is to use two systems. One will be XP32 bit and second Vista x64 or Win7 x64 which is now in beta test mode. 

Before You will do anything please readmy whole post, please.

Remember also then before You will start change for dual boot on You laptop You must prepare XP CD. All informations about it You will find in XP 32bit downgrade section which is written below in this post.

If You want to use two systems on Your computer You will have to do it like this:

A) for Vista x64 with XP 32bit: How to make dual boot with Vista installed first guide here.

B) for XP 32bit with Win7 x64: How to make dual boot with XP 32bit installed first guide here.

XP 32bit downgrade:

Downgrading this model is not always easy and Your model is designed for good work under Vista. Please check first this link written by Joshua Wood and concentrate in it on problems that may appear when You will be installing sound card.

Before downgrade make Vista backup. Here You've got all informations how to do it.

Now You need to slipstream Your Sata drivers (only x86 drivers) with nLite.

Here are Sata drivers  for You. Just unrar this drivers with Winrar.

Here You will find *.doc file with guide how to slipstream this Sata driver with WinXP. (You will need to open this Microsoft Office).

Here You will find *.pdf file with the same guide. (You will need to open this Acrobat Reader. Download link to this program here. Choose Your system there and Your language.).

Be sure also that You are using at least WinXP SP2 version. If you haven't got SP2 version here you can download this service pack and here You've got guide how to slipstream this file with XP written by nLite.

In nLite You can even burn Your new XP CD with those changes.

All drivers You will find in Cheryl's guide General XP Downgrade Guide for HP Laptops_Part 3.

If You will have any problems let me know about it. I will try to help You as fast as I can.

Message Edited by Daniel_Potyrala on 09-02-2009 10:33 AM

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Provost
Daniel_Potyrala
Message 4 of 5 (3,027 Views)

If You will still insist that You want to try XP 64 bit there is only one change in guide below with Sata drivers. All other procedures are the same.

You need to slipstream Your Sata drivers (only x64 drivers) with nLite.

Here are Sata drivers  for You. Just unrar this drivers with Winrar.

Here You will find *.doc file with guide how to slipstream this Sata driver with WinXP. (You will need to open this Microsoft Office).

I know then this procedure is showed for x86 driver, but steps are the same. When You will see there that You've got to do something with x86 driver do it with x64 driver. That's all. :smileyhappy:

Here You will find *.pdf file with the same guide. (You will need to open this Acrobat Reader. Download link to this program here. Choose Your system there and Your language.).

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon which is on the left. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Top Student
Prince-Chennai
Message 5 of 5 (2,966 Views)

Thank you so much for your valuable suggestion and help. It did work. Let me see if i'm all set with the drivers or not. If not i'll go to vista ultimate x64.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation