Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

How to change boot priority in HP Mini 210-1070NR PC.

Unable to enter into BIOS utility. Tried F10 and all function keys ( 1-9 ).

Also, FN + All function keys ( 1-10 ).

I just need the key or procedure to enter into the BIOS utility.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Sandeepz, I think I have a solution; at first computer startup press the Esc key, then you are given choices of changing boot order, going to Bios setup, etc. Try entering Bios through this method - I was able to enter this way.

Good luck - please let us know how you're progressing!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi Sandeepz, in the absence os re-booting my pc to see, I will run my fingers along all F-keys---f1 thrugh f10 as Liberce would play the piano 😉 You should not have to press ctrl or fn to go to bios setup.

Let me re-boot my mmachine, do some digging, or someone more apt than me will post the answer.

Good luck, and let us know how you progress.

HP Recommended

Hello compenthusiast,

Thank you for replying!

Yes, you are correct, as the F10 or F2 doesn't wok, I tried with all combinations as a workaround.

Thank you for researching on the problem. I am wainting for your reply.

HP Recommended

Sandeepz, your user manual is located here, it states F10 gets you to setup; go to the index at the back of the manual and look for start up order, bios, etc.

Good luck, and let us know your progress, as always.

HP Recommended

I appreciate it, however, the first thing I tried  is F10. Unfortunately, it does not work.

HP Recommended

Sandeepz, are you pressing the f10 key as stated in the manual?

Open Setup Utility by turning on or restarting the computer, and then pressing f10 while the

“F10= BIOS Setup Options” message is displayed in the lower-left corner of the screen.

I start pressing the f10 key the moment the compter flashes on. Forgive me if  I'm stating the obvious, or aready tried.

I've been searching for another solution, none found yet.

Try the ESC key,  or the num lock key--better yet try the f10 key in a microsoft document (it activates the menu bar).

This way it will check if your f10 key is working at all. Good luck, and as always, reply back with your progress.

HP Recommended

Sandeepz, I think I have a solution; at first computer startup press the Esc key, then you are given choices of changing boot order, going to Bios setup, etc. Try entering Bios through this method - I was able to enter this way.

Good luck - please let us know how you're progressing!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.