Question

Student
omgamike
Message 1 of 2 (95 Views)

Unable to update to Windows 8.1 due to one or more HP software programs

My computer recently had to be shipped out for extended warranty repairs.  When I got it back it only had the basic Windows 8 on it.  And there was no longer a recovery drive d.  I first downloaded and installed all available windows updates.  Then, as it had none of the HP programs, I went to the HP windows and drivers support section and downloaded all the HP programs for this notebook.  The first thing I noticed was that HP said I had a product model that did not match what was inside my battery case.  After downloading the HP programs and installing them, I was told that I should update to Windows 8.1.  But, when I tried to download 8.1, I was given an error message saying that it was unable to upgrade the software to 8.1.  I am pretty sure that the problem lies in a conflict with one of the software programs I downloaded from HP, but I have no idea which one.  Can anyone help me with this?  I would greatly appreciate any help I can receive with this.  Thank you for listening.     :manvery-happy:

HP Support Agent
TwoPointOh
Message 2 of 2 (66 Views)

Re: Unable to update to Windows 8.1 due to one or more HP software programs

I just sent you a private message. If you are not sure how to check your forum messages, this post has instructions.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation