Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq 6730s Noteboook PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Is it possible to upgrade  the HP Compaq 6730s Notebook PC to run under Window 7 (currently running Windows Vista)? 

If yes, what I need to do  for that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Windows 7 install dvd or usb stick>

Windows 7 SP1 MR ISO's

Use links below if working or go direct to site linked below & use/match the digitalriver version numbers to find your link

http://mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/ 

64bit (google-drive , rename the file once downloaded including the .iso file extension)

X17-59186.iso: Windows 7 SP1 Professional (x64)

X17-58997.iso: Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium (x64)

X17-59465.iso: Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate (x64)

32bit (google-drive , rename the file once downloaded including the .iso file extension)

X17-59183.iso: Windows 7 SP1 Professional (x86)

X17-58996.iso: Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium (x86)

X17-59463.iso: Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate (x86)

Go here for Microsoft info on making dvd/usb & free tool for burning ...

Above versions can be turned into all version disc by simply deleting on file (ei.cfg) from ISO ... Google has all the info & tutorials to help ... Activation help if needed .

driver from hp>

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=3994565&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4052

Some more ram if not already upgraded.

Would be worth putting in a budget SSD such as kingston drive to make things a bit more speedy.

Like my post? Click Kudos (thumb+) to show appreciation.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Windows 7 install dvd or usb stick>

Windows 7 SP1 MR ISO's

Use links below if working or go direct to site linked below & use/match the digitalriver version numbers to find your link

http://mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/ 

64bit (google-drive , rename the file once downloaded including the .iso file extension)

X17-59186.iso: Windows 7 SP1 Professional (x64)

X17-58997.iso: Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium (x64)

X17-59465.iso: Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate (x64)

32bit (google-drive , rename the file once downloaded including the .iso file extension)

X17-59183.iso: Windows 7 SP1 Professional (x86)

X17-58996.iso: Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium (x86)

X17-59463.iso: Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate (x86)

Go here for Microsoft info on making dvd/usb & free tool for burning ...

Above versions can be turned into all version disc by simply deleting on file (ei.cfg) from ISO ... Google has all the info & tutorials to help ... Activation help if needed .

driver from hp>

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=3994565&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4052

Some more ram if not already upgraded.

Would be worth putting in a budget SSD such as kingston drive to make things a bit more speedy.

HP Recommended

Thank you for quick response, I appreciate your help.

Did you actually went through all the steps of the the procedure on HP Compaq 6730s?

I mean do you have a HP Compaq 6730s Notebook PC running Windows 7 without any problems or it is a generic procedure for upgrading the older HP models to Window 7?

What I actually need is to run the Visual Studio 2013 or Visual Studio 2012 Express (with the latest version of the .NET Framework) to evaluate an open source project.

Thank you again.

HP Recommended

Should be fine as hp have specific drivers for Windows 7 & your machine & rest is same for all.

Certainly worth increasing ram to 4gb (32bit W7 max handling is about 3.5gb) or even 8gb if using 64bit windows 7

HP Recommended

grab an iso or image of friends usb if good so have one on hand in future as clean direct images are hard get & disappearing daily .

easy make own boot usb, link about it in my linked post ...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.