12-27-2012 03:00 AM
I baught my Laptop (HP Pavilion G6 2004tx) on 16th Aug 2012,
OS: Windows 7 HB.
CPU: i5 2nd Gen.
RAM: 4 GB DDR3
GPU: 2GB DDR3 - AMD Radeon HD 7670M
I want to upgrade my Operating system to Windows 8, but for now I have many questions in my mind, I tried to get answers on Forums and on Microsoft site, but I got confused by reading that information.
My Questions are,
1. If I upgrade from Windows 7 HB to Windows 8 Pro. will my Windows 7 License remain as it is?
2. As later on if my mind changed, is it possible to downgrade my OS back to Win7 HB (Due to Current software support etc.)?
3. If yes, what will be the procedure, I mean is it simply format & reinstall or other than that?
4. Can I get only activation key/Serial, if I download Windows 8 Pro bootable iso from Internet?
5. If NO, What will be the procedure, Can you provide any link which provide some steps or kind of?
6. What will be the cost of Upgradation (In INR) if I want to upgrade in Dec 2012?
7. Is it going to change in Jan 2013?
8. Is there any Advantage/Disadvantage of upgrading to Windows 8 pro?
Many thanks in advance..
12-27-2012 10:57 AM
Check out this page to see if your computer has been tested by HP with Windows 8.
You can run the Upgrade assistant software, which will scan your PC and generate a report on what is currently installed on your PC is compatible with Windows 8. This upgrade guide for Windows 8 provides a lot of information that is needed for anyone considering upgrading.
Begin with this. The upgrade guide is very extensive. Also, here is the official HP/Windows 8 website.