Question

Student
susheeljohn1
Message 1 of 3 (219 Views)

Upgrading Probook 6530B from WinXP to Windows 7 or Windows 8.1

I have a Probook 6530B that runs on WinXP.  With support for XP running out soon, I need to upgrade to a newer Windows version.  I ran the Microsoft Windows 8 upgrade assistant and I think I can't upgrade to this version because the 6530b's CPU doesn't have an NX bit (?)
That leaves Windows 7.  How can I upgrade my laptop to Windows 7? If I can purchase an original copy of the Windows 7 installation CD/DVD, can I do the upgrade directly?  If I need to get the upgrade from HP, how can I get it? 

I would appreciate any help anyone can give. Thanks.

SJ

HP Support Agent
Mrstenter
Message 2 of 3 (187 Views)

Re: Upgrading Probook 6530B from WinXP to Windows 7 or Windows 8.1

Hi Susheeljohn1,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have read your thread on your HP Probook 6530b and needing a copy of Windows 7. I would purchase it from a Software distributer or directly. Once you have it installed I would make a CD recovery. If you need any drivers for Windows 7 and your Notebook here is the driver page.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Mrs.Tenter
I work on behalf of HP
Teacher
GuruAid-CS
Message 3 of 3 (154 Views)

Re: Upgrading Probook 6530B from WinXP to Windows 7 or Windows 8.1

HP has a website for customers who need to upgrade from Windows XP to higher versions. They have options to switch to both Windows 7 and Windows 8. You can check it out at the following link:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/ads/xp-migration/landing.html

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation