User account Login Failed (367 Views)
Honor Student
yoyoxxx19
Message 1 of 3 (367 Views)

User account Login Failed

I did not need a password to login to my administrator account but a few days ago i tried to log in and it said it failed to load the profile and i could not log in. I am on my guest account and i do not know my password for admin. How do i fix this?

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 3 (340 Views)

Re: User account Login Failed

Hi,

yoyoxxx19 wrote:

I did not need a password to login to my administrator account but a few days ago i tried to log in and it said it failed to load the profile and i could not log in. I am on my guest account and i do not know my password for admin. How do i fix this?

Try starting your notebook in safe mode.

Hopefully it will let you in.

Go to a command prompt and  type in sfc /scannow and then hit enter. That is the system file checker which inspecte system files and replaces them with a clean copy if it finds any corrupted or otherwise bad files.  

please keep us posted.

Best regards,
erico

****If my suggestion was helpful, you can say thanks by clicking on the purple thumbs up icon in the lower left corner of a post ***

****Please click on the Accept As Solution button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having****
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Provost
DavidPK
Message 3 of 3 (340 Views)

Re: User account Login Failed

Tap away at f8 as you start the PC to enter Windows Recovery Console.  Use the arrow keys to select 'Start using Last Known Good Configuration' and hit enter.  See if this will now access your account.

If this doesn't help, shutdown the notebook and try the following.

Tap away at f8 as you start the PC to enter Windows Recovery Console.  Use the arrow keys to select Safe Mode and hit enter.  When this has loaded, from the Start Menu, click All Programs, click Accessories, click System Tools and launch System Restore.  Pick a restore point before the issue and then proceed with the restore process.  When complete, Windows will reboot as normal.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation