Question

Honor Student
Nord_F
Message 1 of 5 (7,095 Views)

User profile service failed the login , user profile cannot be loaded

When I try and login in I get the message "The user profile service failed the login, user profile cannot be loaded" I am running Windows 7 home premium on a Pavilion g7.

The microsoft windows site has instructions to repair this problem , but it requires loging in as an administrator.  When my system came in I went through the startup and it had me name my PC set up a password to log in. That is the only name on the unit, there is no admin login available. When I try and avoid the startup - IE safe mode which is also required to fix the problem the screen says to scroll down using the arrow keys, but these do not work, nor does any key on the keyboard. How can I get logged in to my PC, The HP diagnostics work and all is well. Help

Teacher
AnirbanD
Message 2 of 5 (7,079 Views)

Re: User profile service failed the login , user profile cannot be loaded

When you power on the notebook keep tapping the F11 key on the keyboard.

It should take you to the HP RECOVERY MANAGER.

There should be an option to run a "microsoft system restore" on the notebook.

This should fix the problem.

Let me know how everything goes.

Have a good day.

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Let me know how everything goes.
Have a good day.
Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
Nord_F
Message 3 of 5 (7,061 Views)

I was able to resolve it by holding down F8 key. Howeber it took restarting my computer over twenty times before it would let me log on using safe mode. No Idea why it would not take on an earlier attempt. Did it the same way each time. It would just go to safe mode but freeze up before completly allowing me in. Everything is fine now, when in safe mode the steps where on the microsoft site to fix the problem. Thank you

Honor Student
Nord_F
Message 4 of 5 (7,060 Views)

Thank you , for your help, but already got my system to respond. Thank you for your consideration.

Student
Zaces
Message 5 of 5 (4,234 Views)

Excellent directions. Thank u
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation