Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hello everyone.

Unfortunately HP does not keep the page updated referring to my notebook.
Forcing users to look all over the internet.
I have a HP DV7-7000 and I am also looking for drivers for my notebook.
I intend to perform a clean installation after upgrading from Windows 10.

Thanks to all who participate in this forum and especially Lucadebe for its initiative and user recommendation LJG500 through the step-by-step.

As seen here download link on the Lenovo page, was it removed.

I researched with the following terms:       "Synaptics FP Sensors (WBF) Version 4.5.317"

and I found this:

I hope it works for everyone who need the driver.

HP Recommended

Thank you!! 🙂 I've just uploaded the driver that was on the Lenovo website and I think that's the same version.

(By the way: I haven't checked the availability of new versions because this one works really smoothly for me)

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=B755B5FE8E0F98FB!2472&authkey=!AA9WFVnzajHsPIU&ithint=file%2ce...

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your solution . This finally helped to solve the issue with my fingerprint reader.

HP Recommended

I just made an account to say THANKS to you! Now i can use my finger reader! THANKSSS!

HP Recommended

You're welcome 😉 

HP Recommended

This has been an interesting thread. Thanks to the help of those contributing I have been able to download the latest version of the driver and now have the ability to login using my fingerprint on my new Lenovo E550. Has anyone been able to figure out how to add the fingerprint protection to an Excel spreadsheet? 

HP Recommended

Hello,

I would just like to add that if you have a vfs495 sensor and the Lenovo driver isn't working for you, use the one from Dell:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=GCKMY

And after extraction install the driver from the "Validity_WBFDDK_4_5_233_00" folder.

HP Recommended

I installed Win 10 November Update, and my fingerprint won't work. Thank you for bring my fingerprint back!

HP Recommended

I have a probook 650 G1 running Windows 10 Pro 32 bit.  

The Validity VFS495 fingerprint sensor worked fine using the Windows 2013 driver with the original Windows 10 Pro update installation from Windows 7.  

However when I ran the Windows 10 Pro ver 1511 upgrade, the Hello option to use the fingerprint scanner for login stopped working even though the Validity Sensor said the driver was still OK.

After reading the other posts, I tried the Lenovo driver mentioned and it did not work for me.  However I found a reference to a Dell driver that worked great.  See below:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/il/en/ildhs1/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=73JH8

I can now use the Fingerprint sensor for Hello login again.

I will note that under both drivers and both versions of Windows 10 I could only setup 1 finger.  I was never able to add a second finger...it always said to clean my sensor even though it worked just fine immediately before to setup the first finger.  I would appreciate it if anyone has a way to add more than 1 fingerprint to the Hello system.

Thanx a lot for the detailed posts on this topic.

CB

HP Recommended

Try using the 4.5.317 driver, select 15 or 17 (see which works better in your case)

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.